4-inch Landscape Sod Staples - 11 Gauge Galvanized Steel
Sandbaggy 4 inch Landscape Staples can pierce through the toughest soils! They require almost no effort when inserting them into the ground. They are perfect for gardening, whether you use them as sod stakes or pinning your weed barrier fabric to the ground, they’ll get the job done.
Sandbaggy Landscape Staples are heavy duty. Made with an 11 gauge steel, so they won’t bend during installation and they are galvanized to ensure they are rust proof.
- Size: 1.25 in. x 4 in
- Material: Galvanized Steel
- Thickness: 11 Gauge
- Packaging: 100 per/bag
- SHARP LIKE A KNIFE: These Sandbaggy staples are engineered to be sharp like a knife blade! This means that they require ALMOST NO EFFORT to get the staples into the ground!
- RUST FREE 4-INCH 11 GAUGE STEEL: The points on the staples are sharp enough to pierce commercial ground cloth, and the staples are long enough to anchor weed barrier to the ground. The 11-gauge steel reduces the likelihood of bending during installation. Plus, the steel is galvanized making them rust resistant.
- #1 BEST SELLING: Sandbaggy landscape staples can be found securing landscape fabric & irrigation piping on job sites, national parks, and airports across America. That’s why we are the #1 best selling brand of landscape staples on the Internet, with over 25 million Sandbaggy landscape staples installed across this great country.
- CUSTOMERS LOVE THEM:
- “Can't landscape without them” - Lawrence S.
- “Thick heavy-duty staples stand up to the toughest jobs” - Michael S.
- “These are the best landscape staples I've found anywhere” - Granuaile.
- We're lucky to be able to help customers every day secure landscape fabric to control weeds, bird netting to protect a budding crop from being ruined by birds, drip irrigation to keep plants watered, and chicken wire to protect seedlings from small animals.
- GREAT FOR MANY APPLICATIONS: From installing drip tubing to installing weed barrier fabric to bird netting, this Sandbaggy Staple gets the job done!
- SUB-PACKED FOR EASY INSTALLATION: Neatly sub-packed 100 staples/bag - retail packaging is NOT included as part of our strategy to reduce packaging waste and meet ESG goals
These Sandbaggy 4" wide 11-gauge square top landscape staples are heavy duty landscape staples that will help you get the job done, whether for backyard projects or large landscaping projects.
These landscape staples are designed specifically for holding down landscape fabric, PVC pipes, weed barrier fabric, and dog fences.
Ground Stakes For Multiple Applications
We made these landscape staples extra thick (11-gauge), to ensure they won't bend when you insert them into the ground. Their sharp pointed tips make them the perfect ground stakes in almost any situation! Use them to secure:
- Drip tubing
- PVC Pipes
- Outdoor equipment on your lawn or yard
Great for Gardens - Secure Landscape Fabric and Other Materials
Sandbaggy galvanized landscape staples won't rust, which makes them great for gardening applications. Use them to secure:
- Landscape Fabrics
- Weed Barriers
- Bird Netting
- Artificial Turf
- Drip Irrigation Tubing
Using Landscape Staples to Install Weed Blocker
Sandbaggy galvanized landscape staples are perfect for installing weed barrier fabrics and other weed blocking products on a slope.
Backyard Transformation with Sandbaggy Staples in Wisconsin Homestead - Learn More
See how Sandbaggy landscape fabric and staples were used in this extreme homestead backyard makeover!
How many landscape staples do I need for my landscape fabric project?
We recommend installing a landscape staple at least every 3 feet to hold the fabric down.
|Fabric type||Number of staples|
|3' x 50'||100 staples|
|3' x 150'||300 staples|
|3' x 300'||600 staples|
|3' x 500'||1000 staples|
|4' x 50'||100 staples|
|4' x 220'||500 staples|
|4' x 300'||700 staples|
What's the difference between round top and square top sod staples?
Square top sod staple have a flat top.
Square top sod staples are typically used for securing landscape fabric, weed barrier fabric, dog fences & electric fences, controlling weed, securing synthetic turf, and holding sod.
Round top sod staples are rounded at the top.
Round top sod staples are typically used to hold down irrigation pipes and PVC pipes.
What gauge and size of landscape staples (sod staples) should I buy?
The lower the gauge number, the thicker and stronger the metal.
With compact soil, use landscape staples with a lower gauge, i.e. 8 gauge, so that the staples don't snap while hammering them into the ground.
With normal or looser soil, use landscape staples with a higher gauge, i.e. 11 gauge.
11-gauge staples are suitable for most applications.
Longer staples work better in looser soils.
The added length ensures that the landscape staple will not move after installation.
For most soils, 6" x 1" x 6" staples will work.
For looser soils, use longer staples, such as 9" x 1" x 9" or 12" x 1" x 12" staples.
Will these staples fit over a 1/2-inch PVC pipe?
The staples are 1" wide, which should be enough space to fit over the 1/2-inch PVC pipe.
As staples are 6" long, 5" of the staple should be in the ground.
This is enough to anchor the pipe so long as the soil isn't too loose.
For PVC pipes, we recommend round top staples, as the rounded top fits better over the pipe than a square top.
I only need a few pins. Why should I buy these over the 25 or 50-packs at local stores?
These pins are a fraction of the cost of those at local stores.
You can pin down vines, grasses, and small roots after planting, so they stay in place until the roots establish.
You don't have to worry about dropping or losing a pin because the cost per pin is so minimal.
What is the difference between all the different types of landscape staples you sell?
|Length||Width||Gauge (lower = thicker)||Ideal soil type||Best use||Top||Galvanized?|
|6-inch||1-inch||11 gauge||Normal||Landscape fabric||Square||Available|
|6-inch||1-inch||11 gauge||Normal||Install pipes||Round||Available|
|6-inch||1-inch||9 gauge||Hard||Strong, heavy duty||Square|
|6 or 8-inch||2-inch||9 or 8 gauge||Hard||2X wider||Square||Available|
|9-inch||1-inch||11 gauge||Soft||Soft soil||Square||Available|
|12-inch||1-inch||8 gauge||Soft||Long, heavy duty||Round||Available|
|6-inch||1-inch||11 gauge||Normal||Stands out||Square|
|6-inch||1-inch||8 gauge||Normal||Fast installation||Circle||Yes|
|5-inch||0.5-inch||14 gauge||Normal||Drip tubing (irrigation)||Round||Yes|
|The easiest way to install landscape staples. Period.|
- Depending on how hard your soil is, separate each sod staple between 1-5 ft. For very soft soil, separate each staple by 1 ft. For very hard soil, separate each staple by 5 ft.
- For very soft soil, we recommend longer sod staples, such as 9-inch sod staples.
- For very hard soil, we recommend thicker sod staples, such as 6" x 2" x 6" 9-gauge staples.
Our sandbags, burlap bags, and landscape staples are trusted by
We Also Recommend
Sandbags For Flooding - Size: 14-inch x 26-inch - Empty Woven Polypropylene
6-inch 9-GAUGE Steel Square Top Landscape Staples - Heavy Duty Landscape Fabric Pins
3 ft Landscape Fabric | 40 Year Fabric | For Weed Barrier, Ground Cover, Garden | Heavy Duty Commercial Grade Fabric | 135 Lbs of Tensile Strength | Approved by DOT | 3 ft Wide
Empty Polypropylene Sandbags - Size: 18-inch x 30-inch, White (UV Resistant)