Commercial Grade Weed Control Barrier, Landscape Fabric, Silt Fence, Woven Ground Cover (3 ft. wide)
- Width: 3 feet
- Length: 300 feet or 500 feet
- Material: Polypropylene
- Color: Black
- 2000 UV hours: can be placed under direct sunlight for 9-12 months
- Comparable to landscape fabric weed barrier from Home Depot, Lowes, DeWitt, and Walmart
- Also known as woven ground cover silt fence
- Contractor grade
- Lets air, water and nutrients through
- Can be used alongside rocks, mulch, soil
- Great for landscaping, greenhouse floors, walkways
- Secured to the ground using 6-inch landscape staples
- 30-day return policy
- Free shipping: arrives in 4 business days (5 rolls or fewer), anywhere in continental USA
- Shipments of 10 rolls or more will take 1-2 weeks (pallet shipment)
1. Heat Sealed Edges
A common problem with landscape fabric is that the edges fray. The edges of Sandbaggy landscape fabric are heat sealed to prevent the fabric from fraying.
2. Securing Landscape Fabric
- Depending on how hard your soil is, separate each 6-inch sod staple between 2-4 ft. For very soft soil, separate each staple by 2 ft. For very hard soil, separate each staple by 4 ft.
- For very soft soil, we recommend longer sod staples, such as 9-inch sod staples.
- For very hard soil, we recommend thicker sod staples, such as 6" x 2" x 6" 9-gauge staples.
Tools required for landscape staples installation:
- Rubber Mallet
3. Comparison with Competition
- UV Protection: added to fabric
- Made from 100% virgin resin: provides additional strength compared with recycled resin
- Laboratory tested: to meet ASTM tests
- Pre-shipment inspection: fabric inspected for irregularities and breakages before shipment
4. Results on ASTM Test
Every batch of fabric is lab tested to ensure consistency and quality throughout the fabric roll.
- UV Protection: ASTM D4355 - at least 80% strength after 500 hours
- Tensile Strength: ASTDM D4632 - 135 lbs
- Flow Rate: ASTDM D4491 - 14 gal/min/sq.ft.
How this works1. Staples
Far more staples are required in soft soil than hard soil to properly anchor the landscape fabric in place.
To be precise, in soft soil, install one staple every 1 foot. In normal soil, install one staple every 3 feet. In hard soil, install one staple every 5 feet.2. Landscape fabric
The calculator assumes that landscape fabric is being used to cover every square foot of the plot of land.
When rolling out landscape fabric, it's ideal to overlap the edges of the landscape fabric about 12%, so that weeds cannot grow in between the edges of the fabric.
Landscape fabric should not be stretched straight over a dip in the ground.
Rather, the fabric should be touching the ground at all times and should adjust to the contours of the land, such as bumps, dips, and hills.
This allows you to walk on the installed landscape fabric without worrying about damaging it.
We Also Recommend
6-inch Square Top Landscape Sod Staples Fabric Stakes (Most Popular)
6-inch Round Top Landscape Garden Sod Staples Stakes Pins
9-inch Square Top Heavy Duty Landscape Staples Bulk - Garden Anchor Pins
6" Long x 2" Wide EXTRA WIDE Square Top Landscape Garden Sod Staples Stakes Pins