2-inch Wide Landscape Garden Staples (2X Wider, 25% Thicker)
Two Options Available
Option 1 - 6 Inch Long by 2 Inch Wide Staples - 9 Gauge Steel - Non-Galvanized
Option 2 - 8 Inch Long by 2 Inch Wide Staples - 8 Gauge Steel Galvanized (Additional Cost)
- Width: 2 inches
- 1 inch wider than standard landscape staples, which is great for unique applications where a wider staple is required
- Extra thick 8 or 9 gauge steel
- 20% thicker than standard 11-gauge staples
- Less likely to bend during installation
Option 1 - Length: 6-inch (9 gauge standard)
- Size: 6 in. x 2 in. x 6 in.
- Material: 9-gauge steel
Option 2 - Length: 8-inch (8 gauge galvanized)
- Size: 8 in. x 2 in. x 8 in.
- Material: 8-gauge galvanized steel
- Thick, wide staples: great for hard soil
- Better secures fabrics
- For holding down pipes in hard soils
- For securing landscape and weed barrier fabrics, as well as landscaping, turf, dog and electric fences, and drip irrigation
- Comparable to metal garden stakes from Lowes, Home Depot, and Walmart
- Heavy duty landscape staples sold in bulk
- Sharp chisel point: effortless application
- Commercial grade
- 30-day return policy
- Free, Priority Mail shipping: arrives in 3 business days (5,000 staples or less), anywhere in USA
- Shipments of 10,000 staples or more will take 1-3 weeks (pallet shipment)
1. Commercial grade
These Sandbaggy 6 in x 2 in x 6 in landscape staples are commercial grade landscape staples that will help you get the job done, whether backyard projects or large landscaping projects.
These landscape staples are designed for holding down landscape fabric, PVC pipes, and dog fences.
2. Countless uses
6" Long x 2" Wide Landscape Staples have countless other uses, such as securing weed barrier fabrics, erosion control mats, fences and bird nets.
Made with 9-gauge steel and sharp chisel points, these landscape staples will make applying the staples to the ground that much easier.
3. Great for securing landscape fabric
Sandbaggy staples are great for securing landscape fabric, bird netting, artificial turf, and drip irrigation.
How many landscape staples do I need for my landscape fabric project?
We recommend installing a landscape staple at least every 3 feet to hold the fabric down.
|Fabric type||Number of staples|
|3' x 50'||100 staples|
|3' x 150'||300 staples|
|3' x 300'||600 staples|
|3' x 500'||1000 staples|
|4' x 50'||100 staples|
|4' x 220'||500 staples|
|4' x 300'||700 staples|
What's the difference between round top and square top sod staples?
1. Square top
Square top sod staple have a flat top.
Square top sod staples are typically used for securing landscape fabric, weed barrier fabric, dog fences & electric fences, controlling weed, securing synthetic turf, and holding sod.
2. Round top
Round top sod staples are rounded at the top.
Round top sod staples are typically used to hold down irrigation pipes and PVC pipes.
What gauge and size of landscape staples (sod staples) should I buy?
The lower the gauge number, the thicker and stronger the metal.
With compact soil, use landscape staples with a lower gauge, i.e. 8 gauge, so that the staples don't snap while hammering them into the ground.
With normal or looser soil, use landscape staples with a higher gauge, i.e. 11 gauge.
11-gauge staples are suitable for most applications.
Longer staples work better in looser soils.
The added length ensures that the landscape staple will not move after installation.
For most soils, 6" x 1" x 6" staples will work.
Will these staples fit over a 1/2-inch PVC pipe?
The staples are 2" wide, which is more than enough space to fit over the 1/2-inch PVC pipe.
As staples are 6" long, 5" of the staple should be in the ground.
This is enough to anchor the pipe so long as the soil isn't too loose.
For PVC pipes, we recommend round top staples, as the rounded top fits better over the pipe than a square top.
What is the difference between all the different types of landscape staples you sell?
|Length||Width||Gauge (lower = thicker)||Ideal soil type||Best use||Top||Galvanized?|
|6-inch||1-inch||11 gauge||Normal||Landscape fabric||Square||Available|
|6-inch||1-inch||11 gauge||Normal||Install pipes||Round||Available|
|6-inch||1-inch||9 gauge||Hard||Strong, heavy duty||Square|
|6 or 8-inch||2-inch||9 or 8 gauge||Hard||2X wider||Square||Available|
|9-inch||1-inch||11 gauge||Soft||Soft soil||Square||Available|
|12-inch||1-inch||8 gauge||Soft||Long, heavy duty||Round||Available|
|6-inch||1-inch||11 gauge||Normal||Stands out||Square|
|6-inch||1-inch||8 gauge||Normal||Fast installation||Circle||Yes|
|5-inch||0.5-inch||14 gauge||Normal||Drip tubing (irrigation)||Round||Yes|
|The easiest way to install landscape staples. Period.|
- Depending on how hard your soil is, separate each sod staple between 1-5 ft. For very soft soil, separate each staple by 1 ft. For very hard soil, separate each staple by 5 ft.
We Also Recommend
6-inch Standard Landscape Fabric Garden Staples (Trusted by Farmers and Contractors Across USA) - 11 Gauge
6-inch Round Top Landscape Garden Sod Staples (For PVC Pipes) - 11 Gauge
9-inch Landscape Garden Staples Pins (3 Inches Longer) - 11 Gauge
Rubber Mallet for Installing Landscape Staples