18x30 Empty Heavy Duty Poly Sandbags For Sale For Flooding - Wholesale Bulk Quantities
These larger sized 18" x 30" poly sandbags are made of the same tough, woven polypropylene material and have the same 1600-hour UV protection as our 14" x 26" poly sandbags.
The 48% larger size allows you to use fewer bags to accomplish the same task. 18" x 30" sandbags can hold 2-3 times more material than standard 14" x 26" sandbags.
These polypropylene sandbags last 3-6 months in hot, sunny states such as Florida and California and are drop tested to withstand at least 10 drops from 4 feet up when filled with 40 lbs of sand.
- Size: 18 in. x 30 in.
- Larger size allows you to put in more sand and use fewer bags
- Same heavy duty material and UV protection as 14" x 26" polypropylene sandbags
- 50 lbs weight capacity
- Heavy duty sandbags: tested to withstand a minimum of 10 drops from 4 ft high before there is any noticeable damage to the sandbag
- When filled with 40 lbs of sand
- 1600 hours of UV protection
- Built to withstand 100°F direct sunlight for 3-6 months
- A must-have in high-heat areas such as Florida, Arizona and California
- White color
- Allows for use on construction sites, landfills, and flood protection around homes/buildings
Actual customer photo (courtesy of Daniel from Albuquerque, NM): 18" x 30" white poly sandbags used to fill sinkhole for landscaping project
- Empty heavy duty sandbags for sale, comparable to those from Home Depot, Lowes, Walmart, and Amazon
- Poly sandbags for flooding to stop water and keep water out
Pre-attached tie string: once the empty sandbag is filled, use the pre-attached tie string to close the top of the bag
- Heavy duty sandbags are great for erosion and flood control, holding down traffic signs, earthbag homes, pipeline construction
- Lasts 3-6 months under strong sunlight with built-in UV protection
- For bags that last 1-2 years under the sun, we recommend 17" x 27" polyethylene, long-lasting sandbags.
- 30-day return policy
- Free shipping: arrives in 4 business days (2,000 empty sandbags or fewer), anywhere in continental USA
- Shipments of 5,000 empty sandbags or more will take 2-3 weeks (pallet shipment)
What is the difference between 14" x 26" poly sandbags and 18" x 30" poly sandbags?
14" x 26" sandbags are available in four colors: white, green, beige, orange. 18" x 30" sandbags are only available in white.
When filled up, a 14" x 26" sandbag weighs 30-50 pounds while an 18" x 30" sandbag weighs 75-100 pounds. The 18" x 30" sandbag can fit 2-3 times more material in each bag compared with the 14" x 26" sandbag.
Both sizes have 1600 hours of UV protection and can be used for a variety of purposes, including earthbag home building and filling the bags up with coal and other materials and selling it by the bag.
Both have a hem top at the top of the bag. This means that there is sewing at the top of the bag so that the bags do not fray.
1. Protect your property from hurricane flooding
When filled with sand, heavy duty poly sandbags stop flooding and water.
Polypropylene sand bags are an inexpensive solution to avoid damage to your property by providing flood control.
With heavy duty poly sandbags around your house, your house will be saved from floods.
Since their invention, poly sandbags have saved tens of thousands of homes from being flooded.
Tens of thousands of Sandbaggy empty sandbags for flood control were used to protect homeowners from flooding during Hurricane Florence in 2018.
2. Similar to sandbags used by the military, with UV protection
Our rugged Sandbaggy empty heavy duty sandbags are made with thick weaves allowing for applications like sandbagging, landscaping, construction, and building flood barriers.
The weave count is 10x10.
Our heavy duty, coarsely-woven sandbags can be used for so many different applications.
Made with 1600 hr of UV protection, these heavy duty polypropylene sandbags can sit under the sun for 3-6 months before they begin to degrade.
Other names for Sandbags: Poly Bags, Sandbag, Sandbagging, Empty Sandbags, Sand bags, Military Sandbags, Polypropylene Bags, Sand bag
What size sandbag should I buy?
18" x 30"
25" x 40"
31" x 45"
|UV Protection||3-6 months||3-6 months||None||None|
|Weight capacity||50 lbs||50 lbs||50 lbs||100 lbs|
|What to put in it||
military fortification (green color)
How to use sandbags: filling tips and materials
Sandbags Filling Tips
- Fill sandbags 1/2 to 2/3 full and tie the bag at the top (lay flat when in place).
- This sandbag should weigh between 35-40 lbs.
- An overfilled sandbag weighs between 60-75 lbs and will leave gaps which will allow water to seep through.
- Always wear gloves during the filling operation to avoid hand injuries and protect yourself from contaminants in sand and floodwater.
- Safety goggles should be used on dry and windy days.
- Filling sandbags is physically demanding work and can easily cause back and other injuries if not careful.
- Always lift with your legs and not your back.
- Do not reach out, bend over, or twist when lifting.
- Do not throw sandbags - it stresses the back and shoulders.
- Instead, use a brigade line to pass bags
- Use a short handled, #2 rounded point shovel with straight shaft and D grip, bagger scoop or funnel to fill sandbags.
- Remove any debris from the areas where the sandbags will be placed.
- After placing the sandbag, walk on the sandbags to create a tight seal between each bag.
- Sandbaggy sandbags are built to withstand both gravel or sand.
- Be aware of poor quality sandbags that rupture when filled with sharp gravel rocks.
- Gravel should be filled in sandbag when used as an erosion control device (on slopes).
- Sand should be filled for flood control needs, whether to protect doors or garage or to divert water.
- If sand or gravel is not accessible, less effective solutions is to fill the sandbags with backyard soil.
How much does a pallet of sandbags weigh?
One pallet can hold 10,000 18" x 30" empty poly sandbags, which weighs 1,140 pounds.
What is an earthbag home?
Earthbag construction is a cheap building technique using soil placed inside polypropylene sandbags (hence "earthbag") as the primary structural support for a building.
It allows for the construction of both strong and quickly built structures.
This 1000 square foot two-story circular structure (unfinished when the photo was taken) cost well under $15,000 to build, plastering and interior finishing costs included.
It was constructed with thousands of white polypropylene sandbags.
How Customers Use 18" x 30" Heavy Duty Sandbags (actual customer photos)
Storing razor sharp oysters in North Carolina
- Oysters stored in white 18" x 30" poly sandbags
- 18" x 30" poly heavy duty sandbags filled with oysters in a fishing boat
Storing fruit in New Jersey
- Apples and corn stored in 18" x 30" poly heavy duty sandbags
We Also Recommend
14x26 Empty Woven Polypropylene Sandbags For Flooding With Ties For Sale - Bulk Wholesale Tent & Store Bags
25x40 Empty Poly Large Sandbags For Sale - Wholesale Bulk Quantities