Non-Woven Geotextile Landscaping Filter Fabric 8 oz - Landscape Fabric - Toughest on the Market - 50 Year Fabric - Made in USA
Heavy Duty Fabric For Drainage, Filtration, and Road Stabilization
Sandbaggy 8 oz Non Woven Geotextile Fabric is great for all your drainage, filtration, and separation needs!
Featuring some of the highest flow rates in its class, it’s the perfect geotextile filter fabric for drainage applications. This fabric is extremely permeable, allowing water to go through, making it the ideal fabric to use for things like retaining walls, french drains, and other landscaping jobs.
This is an extremely heavy duty non woven landscape fabric. It’s 2x thicker than other geotextile fabrics on the market, UV stabilized, and is resistant against mildew and biological degradation. You can bury it under gravel when building a drain and it’s perfect for road stabilization, since the fabric is so thick it will not rip. Learn more about our 8 oz Non Woven Geotextile Fabric in our video below.
- MADE IN AMERICA - Support American jobs, American infrastructure and American FAMILIES - While everyone else has outsourced to China, we are one of the ONLY companies that still makes our fabric in America.
- BUILT FROM TOUGH POLYPROPYLENE- Made with Industrial Grade 8 oz Non-Woven Polypropylene, this Sandbaggy polypropylene filter fabric is the toughest in its class and is rated for 205 lbs of tensile strength. This is TWO TIMES thicker than standard fabrics.
- PERMEABLE - This fabric boasts some of the best flow rates for a non woven landscape fabric with 110 GPM per square ft, meaning better drainage and flow-through while being extremely strong! This fabric is great for french drains.
- GREAT FOR MANY APPLICATIONS - This Sandbaggy Fabric has so many uses such as Farming/Gardening, Landscaping, Road Stabilization, Drainage Installations, Rip Rap, Retaining Walls and Volleyball Court Construction
- FLEXIBLE & SOFT FABRIC - Unlike standard woven fabrics that are rigid, Sandbaggy Non-Woven Filter Fabric is made from needle punched polypropylene, making this geotextile fabric flexible and able to easily conform to uneven surfaces. This is ideal when laying it under gravel.
- IMPROVES DRAINAGE - Sandbaggy Filter Fabric helps prevent clogging, extends drainage system life and performance and is great for french drains, trench drains and blanket drains.
- DOES NOT FRAY - You can cut as many X's as you want and the fabric will not fray
- SAFE FOR ORGANIC FARMING: All Sandbaggy fabric is safe for organic farming
- WEED BARRIER: Great for use as a weed barrier in a vegetable garden to control weeds
- PALLET/TRUCKLOAD PRICING - If you are looking to buy wholesale non woven geotextile fabric, we're your guy! Please contact us for bulk pallet pricing or truckload discount.
- Thickness: 8 oz
- Material: polypropylene non-woven fabric
- needle punched
- Meets Class 1 or Class 2 requirements for Non Woven Geotextiles
- Equivalent or exceeds fabric specifications from Tencate Mirafi 180N or Propex Geotex 801 or Hanes Geo TerraTex N08
- NTPEP Compliant - Our factory is audited annually by NTPEP to ensure our geotextiles meet all AASHTO's NTPEP standards
- Roll Weight:
- 3 x 50 ft - 8 lbs
- 3 x 100 ft - 15 lbs
- 3 x 300 ft - 46 lbs
- 5 x 50 ft - 13 lbs
- 5 x 100 ft - 25 lbs
- 5 x 300 ft - 76 lbs
- 6 x 50 ft - 15 lbs
- 6 x 100 ft - 30 lbs
- 10 x 50 ft - 25 lbs
- 10 x 100 ft - 50 lbs
- 15 x 25 ft - 19 lbs
- 15 x 50 ft - 38 lbs
- Color: Black
- Folded Fabric: Rolls over 3 feet will be folded in half to fit within UPS size guidelines. In addition, Rolls may arrive in 2 parts depending on the roll (for example: if you order a 100 feet roll, you may receive two-50 ft pieces).
- Fabric Variance: Please note that fabric may have approx (±) 3% variance in size due to manufacturer's cutting machine
Use Landscape Fabric Under Gravel For Road Construction
Sandbaggy 8 oz Non Woven Geotextile Fabric is the perfect landscape fabric to use under gravel! Often used as an underlayment for parking lots, driveways and gravel roads, this fabric helps stabilize the soil as well as create a separating layer between the soil and aggregate.
In August 2021, a large farm in Oregon installed over 500,000 square feet of this Geotextile for their gravel road construction project.
Commercial Grade Fabric Lasts 50+ Years!
Sandbaggy commercial grade geotextile fabric is engineered to last up to 50 years! Just make sure this fabric is buried under at least 3 inches of gravel or mulch, or is buried under roads to keep it away from constant UV sun exposure.
Excellent Paver Underlayment Fabric
Installing Sandbaggy 8 oz Non Woven Geotextile under your pavers is critical to the success of your paver system. According to the ICPI (The Interlocking Concrete Pavement Institute), they recommend installing a geotextile fabric under pavers in all clay soil applications. By separating the subsoil with the base material, this Geotextile helps strengthen the road base, while reducing the chance of the paver system failing.
This permeable fabric also allows water to flow-through the fabric, reducing water runoff during rainstorms. This industrial grade fabric is manufactured to be used under driveway pavers where large trucks and vehicles can run on it.
Great for ALL paver/stone projects like:
- Pool Decks
Proprietary Manufacturing Process
Learn more about our proprietary manufacturing process that makes our fabric better than the competition
Protect your property against erosion with Sandbaggy 8 oz Non Woven Geotextile Fabric. This thick fabric absorbs and dissipates wave velocity so the underlying rock or sand is protected.
Use Sandbaggy Landscape Fabric As A Weed Barrier
Sandbaggy non woven geotextile fabric rolls make a great weed barrier in your garden. They are able to completely cover and protect your garden, allowing water to get through to your plants, while preventing weeds from growing. You can install the fabric above or under mulch.
Use Sandbaggy Filter Fabric Under Rocks
Sandbaggy filter fabrics are strong, durable and permeable. They were able to help Ruth install a dry stream bed in her yard. Ruth placed our fabric under rocks to prevent weeds from growing in her new stream bed.
How Sandbaggy 8 oz Filter Fabric Stopped Weeds & Improved Filtration
Dave used our 8 oz non woven geotextile filter fabric for a variety of household projects. Our fabric was able to help him in building a new patio, a gravel foundation for his shed, and a parking area by his driveway. This black geotextile fabric was able to prevent weeds from growing and water from pooling in those areas. All Dave did was cover our landscape fabric with gravel and install it with some of our staples.
Building A French Drain with Sandbaggy Fabric
See how this customer used our Non Woven Geotextile Fabric to build a french drain. He said Sandbaggy fabric is easy to cut and difficult to tear. The permeable geotextile fabric allowed water to go through to prevent water pooling, but other materials like soil or rock weren’t able to go through the fabric. This customer was so happy with the fabric, he is even going to use this as a retaining wall fabric in his next project.
This Non-Woven Landscape Fabric will help you get your landscaping job done.
Fabric can never stop all weeds
Other competitors claim that no weeds can grow through their 'heavy duty' weed barrier fabric. This is false advertising.
No matter how thick the weed barrier fabric is, certain weeds are still strong enough to break through the fabric. Our recommendation is to use herbicides to kill the weeds or pull them out by hand when they grow through.
Comparison chart of Sandbaggy's ground cover and competitors'
Sandbaggy's ground cover has built-in UV protection, is made from 100% virgin resin to provide additional strength, is laboratory tested to meet ASTM test methods, and has undergone pre-shipment inspection for irregularities.
When installing this landscape fabric, use a rubber mallet and gloves. Install staples 2-4 feet apart for secure fabric installation. Softer soils will require additional staples.
In the Press
Sandbaggy has been written up by Fox, Daily Herald, MarketWatch and other news outlets for leading the industry with American made fabric.
What is non-woven geotextile fabric used for?
Non-Woven Geotextile Fabric is used for many applications including farming/gardening, french drains, landscaping, road stabilization, drainage installations, rip rap, retaining walls, and volleyball court construction.
Woven vs non woven geotextile? Which is better woven or nonwoven geotextile?
Nonwoven Geotextile - because nonwoven provides superior strength as well as water permeability (at least 100 GPM per sq ft). Meanwhile, woven fabric only provides superior strength but very little water permeability.
We sell both types of fabric because woven fabric is more economical compared with nonwoven fabric.
What is nonwoven geotextile?
A Nonwoven Geotextile is a soft & thick felt like material that is made from millions of polypropylene fibers. Sandbaggy Non Woven goes through our proprietary manufacturing process that transforms millions of loose polypropylene fibers into strong and flexible nonwoven geotextile.
Does geotextile fabric let water through?
Only Non Woven Geotextile Fabric allows water to go through the fabric. Sandbaggy Non Woven Geotextiles allows 100 gallons per minute of flow-through every square foot of the material! Woven Geotextiles do not though.
What is the difference between the types of rolls you sell?
Orange landscape fabric
|Material||Jute||Coconut fiber||Polypropylene woven fabric||Burlap|
|Length||225 ft||165 ft||300, 500 ft||100, 300, 500 ft||300 ft|
|Width||4 ft||4 ft||3 ft||3 ft||3.33 or 6 ft|
|Coverage||900 sq. ft||1,070 sq. ft||900 or 1,500 sq. ft||300 - 1,500 sq. ft||1,000 or 1,800 sq. ft|
|Price/sqft (1,000 sq. ft)||$0.17||$0.30||$0.08||$0.09||$0.15|
Beach / shoreline erosion
Table / aisle runner
Tree / shrub protection
|Life||1-2 years||2-5 years||12 months - 40 yrs (depending on Sun exposure)||12 months - 40 yrs (depending on Sun exposure)||N/A|
|Anchored using||6-inch sod staples||N/A|
Our sandbags, burlap bags, and landscape staples are trusted by
We Also Recommend
18 inch Landscape Fabric | 40 Year Fabric | For Weed Barrier, Ground Cover, Garden | Heavy Duty Commercial Grade | Approved by DOT | 18 inch Wide
3 ft Landscape Fabric | 40 Year Fabric | For Weed Barrier, Ground Cover, Garden | Heavy Duty Commercial Grade Fabric | 135 Lbs of Tensile Strength | Approved by DOT | 3 ft Wide
4 Ft Landscape Fabric | 40 Year Fabric | For Weed Barrier, Ground Cover, Garden | Industrial Grade Fabric | 135 Lbs of Tensile Strength | Approved by DOT | 4 ft Wide
6 Ft Landscape Fabric | 40 Year Fabric | For Weed Barrier, Ground Cover, Garden | Industrial Grade Fabric | 135 Lbs of Tensile Strength | Approved by DOT | 6 ft Wide