6-inch 9-GAUGE (25% thicker) Square Top Heavy Duty Landscape Staples - Landscape Fabric Staples Pins
- 6" professional length
- Material: 9-gauge steel
- 25% thicker than standard 11-gauge landscape staples
- For steel products, as the gauge decreases, the steel increases in thickness.
- Reduces the chance of the staple bending while being hammered into the ground.
- Size: 6 in. x 1 in. x 6 in.
- Square Top
- Major improvement: Sandbaggy Landscape Staples are more than twice as thick and 2 inches longer than staples sold at hardware stores like Home Depot & Lowes. Thicker and longer staples will not bend as easily during installation and hold down fabric better especially in high wind areas. Staples sold at hardware stores are typically 16 gauge compared with our 9 gauge staples (as the gauge decreases, the steel thickness increases)
- Countless uses including securing weed barrier fabric, pet containment systems, drip irrigation systems, erosion control matting
- Effortless application: Made with chisel point tips at the bottom of the staples, which makes installation easier & faster
- Pack of Landscape Staples - arrives in frustration-free packaging (no extra retail packaging)
- Heavy duty landscape staples sold in bulk
- Commercial grade
- 30-day return policy
- Free, Priority Mail shipping: arrives in 3 business days (< 200 lbs), anywhere in USA
- Shipments over 200 lbs will take 1-2 weeks (pallet shipment)
These Sandbaggy 6" 9-gauge square top landscape staples are commercial grade landscape staples that will help you get the job done. These landscape staples are designed specifically for holding down landscape fabric, PVC pipes, weed barrier fabric, a dog fence and great for use as a weed barrier. Made with 9-gauge steel and sharp chisel points, these landscape staples will make applying the staples to compacted/hard ground that much easier.
Other names for Landscape Staples: U-shaped Stakes, Garden Stakes, Sod Staples, Fence Staples, Sod Depot, Landscape Fabric Pins, Landscape Fabric Staples, Landscape Stakes, Steel Stakes, Lawn Staples, Anchor Pins, Sod Pins and Ground Staples
Q: What's the difference between round top and square top sod staples?
A: For some of us who aren't sure what a square top sod staple means, it is the type of sod staple with a flat top. Meanwhile, round top sod staples are rounded at the top. So the difference is the uses of each of these sod staples. Our square top sod staples are typically used for securing landscape fabric, weed barrier fabric, dog fences & electric fences, controlling weed, securing synthetic turf, and holding sod.
Meanwhile, our round top sod staples are typically used to hold down irrigation pipes and PVC pipes.
Q: What gauge and size of landscape staples (sod staples) should I buy?
Gauge: The lower the gauge number, the thicker and stronger the metal. With compact soil, use landscape staples with a lower gauge, i.e. 8 gauge, so that the staples don't snap while hammering them into the ground. A higher gauge, i.e. 11 gauge, is great for looser soil and suitable for most applications.
Size: Longer staples work better in looser soils. The added length ensures that the landscape staple will not move after installation. For most soils, 6" x 1" x 6" staples will work. For looser soils, use longer staples, such as 9" x 1" x 9" or 12" x 1" x 12" staples.
Q: Will these staples rust?
A: Yes, with normal use, the staples will definitely rust, as they are not galvanized. However, rust does not affect the strength of the wire in any way and is purely cosmetic. These staples are often used for installing landscape fabric, artificial turf, and drip tubing. They are installed once and never touched again, so rust is not a problem. If you decide to reuse the staples, be sure to use a pair of gloves when pulling up the staples to prevent your hands from getting dirty.
Q: Why not sell a galvanized version of these staples?
A: Galvanized staples are considerably more expensive and unnecessary unless the staples need to be reused and the original appearance of the staple must be preserved. For one-time use applications, such as installing landscape fabric or drip tubing, non-galvanized staples such as these will do the job just as well. Non-galvanized staples can even be reused when rusted; just make sure to wear a pair of gloves when handling them to keep your hands clean.
We do offer one version of galvanized staples: 1-inch width, 6-inch length, round top.
- Depending on how hard your soil is, separate each sod staple between 1-5 ft. For very soft soil, separate each staple by 1 ft. For very hard soil, separate each staple by 5 ft.
- For very soft soil, we recommend longer sod staples, such as 9-inch sod staples.
- For very hard soil, we recommend thicker sod staples, such as 6" x 2" x 6" 9-gauge staples.
We Also Recommend
6-inch Square Top Landscape Sod Staples Fabric Stakes (MOST POPULAR)
6-inch Round Top Landscape Garden Sod Staples Stakes Pins
9-inch Square Top Heavy Duty Landscape Staples Bulk - Garden Anchor Pins
6" Long x 2" Wide EXTRA WIDE Square Top Landscape Garden Sod Staples Stakes Pins