6-inch 9-GAUGE (20% thicker) Square Top Heavy Duty Landscape Staples - Landscape Fabric Staples Pins
- 6" professional length
- Material: 9-gauge steel
- 20% thicker than standard 11-gauge landscape staples
- Great for extremely hard and compacted soil where 11 gauge staples will bend
- Commercial Grade
- Size: 6 in. x 1 in. x 6 in.
- Landscape staples 9 gauge
- Square Top
- Major improvement
- Sandbaggy Landscape Staples are more than twice as thick and 2 inches longer than staples sold at hardware stores like Home Depot & Lowes
- Thicker and longer staples will not bend as easily during installation and hold down fabric better especially in high wind areas
- Staples sold at hardware stores are typically 16 gauge compared with our 9 gauge staples
- As the gauge decreases, the steel thickness increases
- Countless uses including securing weed barrier fabric, pet containment systems, drip irrigation systems, erosion control matting
- Effortless application: Made with chisel point tips at the bottom of the staples, which makes installation easier & faster
- Pack of Landscape Staples - arrives in frustration-free packaging (no extra retail packaging)
- Heavy duty landscape staples sold in bulk
- Multiple quantities: landscape sod staples available in 200, 500, 1000 and more
- Commercial grade
- 30-day return policy
- Free, Priority Mail shipping: arrives in 3 business days (< 200 lbs), anywhere in USA
- Shipments over 200 lbs will take 1-2 weeks (pallet shipment)
These Sandbaggy 6" 9-gauge square top landscape staples are commercial grade landscape staples that will help you get the job done, whether for backyard projects or large landscaping projects.
These landscape staples are designed specifically for holding down landscape fabric, PVC pipes, weed barrier fabric, and dog fence.
Extra thick (9-gauge) staples can also be used to secure drip irrigation and wireless fences.
Made with 9-gauge steel and sharp chisel points, these landscape staples will make applying the staples to compacted/hard ground that much easier.
Other names for Landscape Staples: U-shaped Stakes, Garden Stakes, Sod Staples, Fence Staples, Sod Depot, Landscape Fabric Pins, Landscape Fabric Staples, Landscape Stakes, Steel Stakes, Lawn Staples, Anchor Pins, Sod Pins and Ground Staples
What's the difference between round top and square top sod staples?
1. Square top
Square top sod staple have a flat top.
Square top sod staples are typically used for securing landscape fabric, weed barrier fabric, dog fences & electric fences, controlling weed, securing synthetic turf, and holding sod.
2. Round top
Round top sod staples are rounded at the top.
Round top sod staples are typically used to hold down irrigation pipes and PVC pipes.
What gauge and size of landscape staples (sod staples) should I buy?
The lower the gauge number, the thicker and stronger the metal.
With compact soil, use landscape staples with a lower gauge, i.e. 8 gauge, so that the staples don't snap while hammering them into the ground.
With normal or looser soil, use landscape staples with a higher gauge, i.e. 11 gauge.
11-gauge staples are suitable for most applications.
Longer staples work better in looser soils.
The added length ensures that the landscape staple will not move after installation.
For most soils, 6" x 1" x 6" staples will work.
Will these staples rust?
The short answer is yes.
With normal use, the staples will definitely rust, as they are not galvanized.
However, rust is good because it strengthens the staples' holding power and makes it more difficult to pull out.
Also, when steel rusts, it forms a protective coating preventing further rusting.
Rust does not affect the strength of the wire in any way and is purely cosmetic.
These staples are usually installed once and never touched again, so rust is not a problem.
If you decide to reuse the staples, be sure to use a pair of gloves when pulling up the staples to prevent your hands from getting dirty.
Why not sell a galvanized version of these staples?
Galvanized staples are considerably more expensive and unnecessary unless the staples need to be reused and the original appearance of the staple must be preserved.
For one-time use applications, such as installing landscape fabric or drip tubing, non-galvanized staples such as these will do the job just as well.
Non-galvanized staples can even be reused when rusted; just make sure to wear a pair of gloves when handling them to keep your hands clean.
We do offer one version of galvanized staples: 1-inch width, 6-inch length, round top.
Will these staples fit over a 1/2-inch PVC pipe?
The staples are 1" wide, which should be enough space to fit over the 1/2-inch PVC pipe.
As staples are 6" long, 5" of the staple should be in the ground.
This is enough to anchor the pipe so long as the soil isn't too loose.
For PVC pipes, we recommend round top staples, as the rounded top fits better over the pipe than a square top.
I only need a few pins. Why should I buy these over the 25 or 50-packs at local stores?
These pins are a fraction of the cost of those at local stores.
You can pin down vines, grasses, and small roots after planting, so they stay in place until the roots establish.
You don't have to worry about dropping or losing a pin because the cost per pin is so minimal.
- Depending on how hard your soil is, separate each sod staple between 1-5 ft. For very soft soil, separate each staple by 1 ft. For very hard soil, separate each staple by 5 ft.
- For very soft soil, we recommend longer sod staples, such as 9-inch sod staples.
- For very hard soil, we recommend thicker sod staples, such as 6" x 2" x 6" 9-gauge staples.
We Also Recommend
6-inch Square Top Landscape Sod Staples Fabric Stakes (MOST POPULAR)
6-inch Round Top Landscape Garden Sod Staples Stakes Pins
9-inch Square Top Heavy Duty Landscape Staples Bulk - Garden Anchor Pins
6" Long x 2" Wide EXTRA WIDE Square Top Landscape Garden Sod Staples Stakes Pins
I live in the (very rocky) Ozark Mt’s of northern Arkansas. This was my second order with this company. I came back because I needed solid sturdy staples to hold my landscape fabric in place without them bending and becoming usless Iin our “stony” soil - as was true with my first order they held up well. I will likely place another order in the next few months.
This is a quality product.
This is a quality product that satisfies our customers and meets our high standards.