Heavy Duty Landscape Staples (12-inch Length, 37% Thicker)
12-inch, 8-gauge heavy duty landscape staples are twice as long and 35% thicker than standard staples.
These staples are perfect for anchoring in soft, loose soils where a 6-inch length is not long enough to get a good grip of the soil.
In soft soils, the top 5-6 inches of the soil could be extremely soft. But once this 12-inch staple gets down into the compacted soil, the staples will be securely anchored into the ground. It will be harder for landscape fabric to come loose.
These long staples fully stay put once you put them in the ground and are great for stabilizing summer projects (birdbaths, shepherds hooks) and winter projects (inflatables, lighted wire sculptures).
- Material: 8-gauge steel
- 35% thicker than standard 11-gauge staples
- Less likely to bend during installation
- Size: 12 in. x 1 in. x 12 in.
- 6 inches longer than standard staples
- Great for areas with softer soil where standard staples pull out easily during heavy winds
1) Non-galvanized, round top staples
- Great for holding down pipes and drip irrigation tubing
2) Galvanized, rust-resistant square top staples
- The staple's galvanization naturally prevents rust from forming
- 2X longer than our standard 6-inch landscape staples
- Added length is better for soft soils
- Great for holding down pipes in soft soils
- For securing landscape and weed barrier fabrics, as well as landscaping, turf, dog and electric fences
- Comparable to metal garden stakes from Lowes, Home Depot, and Walmart
- Heavy duty landscape staples sold in bulk
- Multiple quantities: landscape sod staples available in 500, 1000 and more
- Sharp chisel point: effortless application
- The chisel point creates a sharp angle that makes the landscape staples installation process faster and easier
- Designed to rust to grow into the soil and increase the heavy duty staples' holding power
- Commercial grade
- 30-day return policy
- Free, Priority Mail shipping: arrives in 3 business days (2,000 staples or less), anywhere in USA
- Shipments of 4,000 staples or more will take 1-3 weeks (pallet shipment)
1. Better for soft soils
These Sandbaggy 12-inch round top landscape staples are commercial grade heavy duty landscape staples that will help you get the job done, whether for backyard projects or large landscaping projects.
Designed to be 6 inches longer than our standard 6-inch landscape staples, these 12-inch heavy duty landscape staples will secure better in soft soils.
2. Stronger and more durable
Since these landscape staples are made with 8 gauge steel, they are much stronger and more durable than our standard 11-gauge landscape staples.
These heavy duty landscape staples are designed specifically for holding down landscape and weed barrier fabric and dog fences.
12-inch staples also have many other uses, including securing drip irrigation and wireless fences.
Made with 8-gauge steel and sharp chisel points, these landscape staples will make applying the staples to the ground that much easier.
Sandbaggy staples are great for securing landscape fabric, bird netting, artificial turf, and drip irrigation.
Other names for Landscape Staples: Garden Stakes, Sod Staples, Fence Staples, Sod Depot, Landscape Fabric Pins, Landscape Fabric Staples, Landscape Stakes, Steel Stakes, Lawn Staples, Anchor Pins, Sod Pins and Ground Staples
What's the difference between round top and square top sod staples?
1. Square top
Square top sod staple have a flat top.
Square top sod staples are typically used for securing landscape fabric, weed barrier fabric, dog fences & electric fences, controlling weed, securing synthetic turf, and holding sod.
2. Round top
Round top sod staples are rounded at the top.
Round top sod staples are typically used to hold down irrigation pipes and PVC pipes.
What gauge and size of landscape staples (sod staples) should I buy?
The lower the gauge number, the thicker and stronger the metal.
With compact soil, use landscape staples with a lower gauge, i.e. 8 gauge, so that the staples don't snap while hammering them into the ground.
With normal or looser soil, use landscape staples with a higher gauge, i.e. 11 gauge.
11-gauge staples are suitable for most applications.
Longer staples work better in looser soils.
The added length ensures that the landscape staple will not move after installation.
For most soils, 6" x 1" x 6" staples will work.
Will these staples rust?
The staples with standard coating will rust, but the staples with galvanized, rust-resistant coating will not.
However, rust can be good because it strengthens the staples' holding power and makes it more difficult to pull out.
When steel rusts, it forms a protective coating preventing further rusting.
Rust does not affect the strength of the wire in any way and is purely cosmetic.
These staples are usually installed once and never touched again, so rust is not a problem.
If you decide to reuse the staples, be sure to buy the galvanized, rust-resistant version of these staples.
Will these staples fit over a 1/2-inch PVC pipe?
The staples are 1" wide, which should be enough space to fit over the 1/2-inch PVC pipe.
For PVC pipes, we recommend round top staples, as the rounded top fits better over the pipe than a square top.
I only need a few pins. Why should I buy these over the 25 or 50-packs at local stores?
These pins are a fraction of the cost of those at local stores.
You can pin down vines, grasses, and small roots after planting, so they stay in place until the roots establish.
You don't have to worry about dropping or losing a pin because the cost per pin is so minimal.
What is the difference between all the different types of landscape staples you sell?
|Length||Width||Gauge (lower = thicker)||Ideal soil type||Best use||Top||Galvanized?|
|6-inch||1-inch||11 gauge||Normal||Landscape fabric||Square||Available|
|6-inch||1-inch||11 gauge||Normal||Install pipes||Round||Available|
|6-inch||1-inch||9 gauge||Hard||Strong, heavy duty||Square|
|6 or 8-inch||2-inch||9 or 8 gauge||Hard||2X wider||Square||Available|
|9-inch||1-inch||11 gauge||Soft||Soft soil||Square||Available|
|12-inch||1-inch||8 gauge||Soft||Long, heavy duty||Round||Available|
|6-inch||1-inch||11 gauge||Normal||Stands out||Square|
|6-inch||1-inch||8 gauge||Normal||Fast installation||Circle||Yes|
|5-inch||0.5-inch||14 gauge||Normal||Drip tubing (irrigation)||Round||Yes|
|The easiest way to install landscape staples. Period.|
- Depending on how hard your soil is, separate each sod staple between 1-5 ft. For very soft soil, separate each staple by 1 ft. For very hard soil, separate each staple by 5 ft.
We Also Recommend
6-inch Standard Landscape Fabric Garden Staples (Trusted by Farmers and Contractors Across USA)
6-inch Round Top Landscape Garden Sod Staples (For PVC Pipes)
9-inch Landscape Garden Staples Pins (3 Inches Longer)
2-inch Wide Landscape Garden Staples (2X Wider, 25% Thicker)