Non-Woven Geotextile Filter Fabric 4 oz - Landscape Fabric - Great For French Drains & Landscaping - 50 Year Fabric - Made in USA
The Perfect Fabric For Drainage and Filtration
Sandbaggy 4 oz Non Woven Geotextile Fabric is great for all your drainage, filtration, and separation needs! If you are looking for a French Drain Fabric, this is the product you are looking for.
Featuring some of the highest flow rates in its class, it’s the perfect filter fabric for drainage applications. This fabric is extremely permeable, allowing water to go through, making it the ideal fabric to use for things like retaining walls, french drains, and landscaping.
Sandbaggy non woven geotextile fabric is guaranteed to be high quality. It’s 30% thicker than other geotextile fabrics on the market, UV stabilized, and is resistant against mildew and biological degradation. Learn more about our Non Woven Geotextile Fabric in our video below.
- MADE IN AMERICA - Support American jobs, American infrastructure and American FAMILIES - While everyone else has outsourced to China, we are one of the ONLY companies that still makes our fabric in America.
- BUILT TOUGH - Made with Industrial Grade 4oz Non-Woven Polypropylene, this Sandbaggy Fabric is the toughest in its class and is rated for 100 lbs of tensile strength. This is 30% thicker than standard fabrics.
- BEST FLOW RATES (PERMEABLE) - This fabric boasts some of the best flow rates for a Landscape Fabric with 140 GPM per square ft meaning better drainage and flow-through while being extremely strong!
- GREAT FOR MANY APPLICATIONS - This Sandbaggy Fabric has so many uses such as Farming/Gardening, Landscaping, Road Stabilization, Drainage Installations (French Drain Fabric), Rip Rap & Retaining Walls
- FLEXIBLE & SOFT FABRIC - Unlike standard woven fabrics that are rigid, Sandbaggy Non-Woven Filter Fabric is flexible and easily conforms to uneven surfaces
- IMPROVES DRAINAGE - Sandbaggy Filter Geotextile Fabric For Drainage helps prevent clogging, extends drainage system life and performance and is the perfect french drain fabric, as well as for trench drains and blanket drains.
- DOES NOT FRAY - You can cut as many X's as you want and the fabric will not fray
- SAFE FOR ORGANIC FARMING: All Sandbaggy fabric is safe for organic farming
PALLET/TRUCKLOAD PRICING - Please contact us for bulk pallet pricing or truckload discount
- Thickness: 4 oz
- Material: polypropylene non-woven fabric
- Double Punched - Needle Punched
- Meets Class 3 requirements for Non Woven Geotextiles
- Equivalent or exceeds fabric specifications from Tencate Mirafi 140N or Propex Geotex 401 or Hanes Geo TerraTex N04.5
- NTPEP Compliant - Our factory is audited annually by NTPEP to ensure our geotextiles meet all AASHTO's NTPEP standards
- Roll Weight:
- 3 x 50 ft - 4 lbs
- 3 x 100 ft - 9 lbs
- 3 x 360 ft - 23 lbs
- 4 x 100 ft - 12 lbs
- 4 x 360 ft - 30 lbs
- 5 x 50 ft - 8 lbs
- 5 x 100 ft - 16 lbs
- 5 x 360 ft - 50 lbs
- 6 x 50 ft - 9 lbs
- 6 x 100 ft - 15 lbs
- 10 x 50 ft - 14 lbs
- 10 x 100 ft - 25 lbs
- 15 x 25 ft - 10 lbs
- 15 x 50 ft - 20 lbs
- 17.5 x 25 ft - 13 lb
- 17.5 x 50 ft - 25 lb
- Color: Black
- Folded Fabric: Rolls over 3 feet will be folded in half to fit within UPS size guidelines. In addition, Rolls may arrive in 2 parts depending on the roll (for example: if you order a 100 feet roll, you may receive two-50 ft pieces).
- Fabric Variance: Please note that fabric may have approx (±) 3% variance in size due to manufacturer's cutting machine
Fabric Lifespan - Nonwoven Landscaping Fabric That Lasts 50+ Years
Sandbaggy Nonwoven Landscaping Fabric is engineered to last 50+ years! As long as the fabric is buried with at least 3 inches of gravel, mulch, or under roads, and away from UV sun exposure, this woven landscape fabric can last 50+ years.
However, if the fabric is exposed to the sun the lifespan drops as low as one year.
Proprietary Manufacturing Process
Learn more about our proprietary manufacturing process that makes our fabric better than the competition
Using Sandbaggy French Drain Fabric In An Arkansas Home
See how easy it is build a french drain with our fabric! It's easy to cut and difficult to tear, letting water through and filtering out other materials.
Using Sandbaggy Geotextile Fabric to Protect Against Weeds on Michigan FarmSee how Sandbaggy Landscape Fabric prevents weed growth!
What Makes Sandbaggy 4 oz Non Woven Geotextile Fabric High Quality?
Sandbaggy Landscape Fabric is 30% thicker than most landscaping fabric, while still being extremely water permeable. This fabric meets all AASHTO's NTPEP standards, as well as meeting class 3 requirements for Non Woven Geotextiles.
Sandbaggy 4 oz Non Woven Landscape Fabric vs Home Depot
Check out just how much thicker, stronger, and more water permeable our landscape fabric is than Home Depot's.
This Non-Woven Landscape/Drainage Fabric will help you get your landscaping job done.
Comparing Our Geotextile Fabric With The Competition
Sandbaggy's Geotextile Fabric has built-in UV protection, is made from 100% virgin resin to provide additional strength, is laboratory tested to meet ASTM test methods, and has undergone pre-shipment inspection for irregularities.
When installing this landscape fabric, use a rubber mallet and gloves. Install staples 2-4 feet apart for secure fabric installation. Softer soils will require additional staples.
The Perfect Non Woven Material For French Drains
A non-woven fabric boasting an amazing flow rate, our product allows water to filter through without clogging and is easy enough to cut and shape for your desired purposes. It's the ideal material for french drains. This is a great soil separation fabric.
In the Press
Sandbaggy has been written up by Fox, Daily Herald, MarketWatch and other news outlets for leading the industry with our American made fabric
What is non-woven geotextile fabric used for?
Non-Woven Geotextile Fabric is used for many applications including farming/gardening, french drains, landscaping, road stabilization, drainage installations, rip rap, retaining walls, and volleyball court construction.
Woven vs non woven geotextile? Which is better woven or nonwoven geotextile?
Nonwoven Geotextile - because nonwoven provides superior strength as well as water permeability (at least 100 GPM per sq ft). Meanwhile, woven fabric only provides superior strength but very little water permeability.
We sell both types of fabric because woven fabric is more economical compared with nonwoven fabric.
What is nonwoven geotextile?
A Nonwoven Geotextile is a soft & thick felt like material that is made from millions of polypropylene fibers. Sandbaggy Non Woven goes through our proprietary manufacturing process that transforms millions of loose polypropylene fibers into strong and flexible nonwoven geotextile.
Will water drain through geotextile fabric?
Only Non Woven Geotextile Fabric allows water to go through the fabric. Sandbaggy Non Woven Geotextiles allows 100 gallons per minute of flow-through every square foot of the material! Woven Geotextiles do not though.
Does landscape fabric allow water to drain?
It depends. Sandbaggy Non Woven Fabric allows water to drain through the fabric, but typical Woven Fabrics do not allow water to drain through.
What's the difference between landscape fabric and geotextile fabric?
Those two terms are used interchangeably in most contexts. Email us if you have a unique spec and we can make sure to help you out.
Do I need Geotextile Fabric For A French Drain?
Yes, you need to use Non Woven Geotextile Fabric to be specific. The Non Woven part is key. If you use Woven fabric, water will not drain through the fabric and your french drain will fail. We recommend Sandbaggy 4 oz or 8 oz Non Woven Drainage Fabrics because both provide at least 100 GPM of water drainage.
What can I use instead of geotextile fabric?
There unfortunately are no other alternatives.
Can you make a French drain with just gravel?
No, because your soil will eventually mix with your gravel causing your french drain to fail. Using a Non Woven Filter Fabric is key in creating a separation layer between the soil and gravel keeping the gravel clean and allowing water to enter the perforated pipe.
When should you use geotextile fabric?
We recommend using the geotextile fabric for Farming/Gardening, Landscaping, Road Stabilization, Drainage Installations (French Drain Fabric), Rip Rap & Retaining Walls applications.
Is geotextile fabric waterproof?
No. Geotextile fabrics are not meant to the waterproof. Sandbaggy Non Woven Fabric is engineered to allow water drainage through the fabric.
How long does geotextile fabric last?
It depends on the manufacturer. Sandbaggy Nonwoven Landscaping Fabric is engineered to last 50+ years! As long as the fabric is buried with at least 3 inches of gravel, mulch, or under roads, and away from UV sun exposure, this woven landscape fabric can last 50+ years.
However, if the fabric is exposed to the sun the lifespan drops as low as one year.
What is the difference between the types of rolls you sell?
Orange landscape fabric
|Material||Jute||Coconut fiber||Polypropylene woven fabric||Burlap|
|Length||225 ft||165 ft||300, 500 ft||100, 300, 500 ft||300 ft|
|Width||4 ft||4 ft||3 ft||3 ft||3.33 or 6 ft|
|Coverage||900 sq. ft||1,070 sq. ft||900 or 1,500 sq. ft||300 - 1,500 sq. ft||1,000 or 1,800 sq. ft|
|Price/sqft (1,000 sq. ft)||$0.17||$0.30||$0.08||$0.09||$0.15|
Beach / shoreline erosion
Table / aisle runner
Tree / shrub protection
|Life||1-2 years||2-5 years||12 months - 40 yrs (depending on Sun exposure)||12 months - 40 yrs (depending on Sun exposure)||N/A|
|Anchored using||6-inch sod staples||N/A|
We Also Recommend
Non-Woven Geotextile Landscaping Filter Fabric 8 oz - Landscape Fabric - Toughest on the Market - 50 Year Fabric - Made in USA
6-inch Standard Landscape Fabric Garden Staples (Trusted by Farmers and Contractors Across USA) - 11 Gauge
12-inch Heavy Duty Landscape Staples - 37% Thicker - 8 Gauge Steel
12-inch Heavy Duty Landscape Staples - 37% Thicker - 8 Gauge Galvanized Steel