6-inch Square Top Landscape Sod Staples Fabric Stakes (MOST POPULAR)
Sandbaggy's 6-inch landscape staples are designed to last. They're tough enough to handle any of your landscape needs.
The 6-inch length is 50% thicker and longer than the typical 4-inch staples sold at Home Depot and Lowes. This added thickness and length make for easier installation and better hold of landscape fabric.
Made of low carbon 11-gauge thick steel, they're durable and can be used with all types of landscape fabric, weed barrier fabric, erosion control matting, jute/burlap netting, artificial turf, and drip irrigation tubing.
- 6" professional length
- Material: 11-gauge steel
- Reduces the chance of the staple bending while being hammered into the ground
- Size: 6 in. x 1 in. x 6 in.
- Square Top
- Better than other staples
- Sandbaggy landscape staples are 50% thicker and 2 inches longer than staples sold at hardware stores like Home Depot & Lowes
- Thicker and longer sod staples will not bend as easily during installation and hold down fabric better especially in high wind areas
- Landscape fabric stakes sold at hardware stores are typically 16 gauge compared with our 11 gauge staples
- As the gauge number increases, the steel thickness decreases
Countless uses including securing weed barrier fabric, pet containment systems, drip irrigation systems, erosion control matting
- Can be used to pin down plants and hold them in place so they establish roots, grow faster, and don't get washed away when it floods.
- Works for ground cover vines and plants, grasses, ferns, and small bare root shrubs.
Effortless application: Made with chisel point tips at the bottom of the staples, which makes installation easier & faster
- Comparable to landscape fabric staples from Lowes, Home Depot, and Walmart
- Packaged in individual plastic bags of 100 staples each for ease of handling
- Heavy duty landscape staples sold in bulk
- Multiple quantities: landscape sod staples available in 200, 500, 1000 and more
- Commercial grade
- 30-day return policy
- Free, Priority Mail shipping: arrives in 3 business days (10,000 staples or fewer), anywhere in USA
- Shipments of 20,000 staples or more will take 2-3 weeks (pallet shipment)
- Neatly packaged 100 landscape staples per bag, so you know how much of the staples you've used. Especially useful for contractors.
These Sandbaggy 6" square top landscape staples are commercial grade landscape staples that will help you get the job done.
These sod staples are designed specifically for holding down landscape fabric, weed barrier fabric, and dog fences.
Made with 11-gauge steel and sharp chisel points, these landscape fabric staples will make applying the staples to the ground that much easier.
Other names for Landscape Staples: U-shaped Stakes, Garden Stakes, Sod Staples, Fence Staples, Sod Depot, Landscape Fabric Pins, Landscape Fabric Staples, Landscape Stakes, Steel Stakes, Lawn Staples, Anchor Pins, Sod Pins and Ground Staples
To secure irrigation or PVC pipes, we recommend round top sod staples.
How many landscape staples do I need for my landscape fabric project?
We recommend installing a landscape staple at least every 3 feet to hold the fabric down.
|Fabric type||Number of staples|
|3' x 50'||100 staples|
|3' x 150'||300 staples|
|3' x 300'||600 staples|
|3' x 500'||1000 staples|
|4' x 50'||100 staples|
|4' x 220'||500 staples|
|4' x 300'||700 staples|
What's the difference between round top and square top sod staples?
1. Square top
Square top sod staple have a flat top.
Square top sod staples are typically used for securing landscape fabric, weed barrier fabric, dog fences & electric fences, controlling weed, securing synthetic turf, and holding sod.
2. Round top
Round top sod staples are rounded at the top.
Round top sod staples are typically used to hold down irrigation pipes and PVC pipes.
What gauge and size of landscape staples (sod staples) should I buy?
The lower the gauge number, the thicker and stronger the metal.
With compact soil, use landscape staples with a lower gauge, i.e. 8 gauge, so that the staples don't snap while hammering them into the ground.
With normal or looser soil, use landscape staples with a higher gauge, i.e. 11 gauge.
11-gauge staples are suitable for most applications.
Longer staples work better in looser soils.
The added length ensures that the landscape staple will not move after installation.
For most soils, 6" x 1" x 6" staples will work.
Will these staples rust?
The short answer is yes.
With normal use, the staples will definitely rust, as they are not galvanized.
However, rust is good because it strengthens the staples' holding power and makes it more difficult to pull out.
Also, when steel rusts, it forms a protective coating preventing further rusting.
Rust does not affect the strength of the wire in any way and is purely cosmetic.
These staples are usually installed once and never touched again, so rust is not a problem.
If you decide to reuse the staples, be sure to use a pair of gloves when pulling up the staples to prevent your hands from getting dirty.
Why not sell a galvanized version of these staples?
Galvanized staples are considerably more expensive and unnecessary unless the staples need to be reused and the original appearance of the staple must be preserved.
For one-time use applications, such as installing landscape fabric or drip tubing, non-galvanized staples such as these will do the job just as well.
Non-galvanized staples can even be reused when rusted; just make sure to wear a pair of gloves when handling them to keep your hands clean.
We do offer one version of galvanized staples: 1-inch width, 6-inch length, round top.
Will these staples fit over a 1/2-inch PVC pipe?
The staples are 1" wide, which should be enough space to fit over the 1/2-inch PVC pipe.
As staples are 6" long, 5" of the staple should be in the ground.
This is enough to anchor the pipe so long as the soil isn't too loose.
For PVC pipes, we recommend round top staples, as the rounded top fits better over the pipe than the square top of this staple.
I only need a few pins. Why should I buy these over the 25 or 50-packs at local stores?
These pins are a fraction of the cost of those at local stores.
You can pin down vines, grasses, and small roots after planting, so they stay in place until the roots establish.
You don't have to worry about dropping or losing a pin because the cost per pin is so minimal.
How this calculator works
Far more staples are required in soft soil than hard soil to properly anchor the landscape fabric in place.
To be precise, in soft soil, install one staple every 1 foot. In normal soil, install one staple every 3 feet. In hard soil, install one staple every 5 feet.
The calculator assumes that landscape fabric is being used to cover every square foot of the plot of land.
When rolling out landscape fabric, it's ideal to overlap the edges of the landscape fabric about 12%, so that weeds cannot grow in between the edges of the fabric.
Landscape fabric should not be stretched straight over a dip in the ground.
Rather, the fabric should be touching the ground at all times and should adjust to the contours of the land, such as bumps, dips, and hills.
This allows you to walk on the installed landscape fabric without worrying about damaging it.
- Depending on how hard your soil is, separate each sod staple between 1-5 ft. For very soft soil, separate each staple by 1 ft. For very hard soil, separate each staple by 5 ft.
- For very soft soil, we recommend longer sod staples, such as 9-inch sod staples.
- For very hard soil, we recommend thicker sod staples, such as 6" x 2" x 6" 9-gauge staples.
How Customers Use Square Top Landscape Staples (actual customer photos)
Hold down landscape fabric in West Virginia
- Square top landscape staples used to hold down landscape fabric
- Landscape fabric and rocks covering a path in the wilderness
- "These are good quality landscape staples. They hold down the fabric very well, so the wind doesn't blow it away while you're attempting to put it down. And Sandbaggy has the best price of many sites I checked online." - Lawrence S.
Gardening in Florida
- Square top landscape staples used to support a divider in a garden
- "These stakes work perfectly for our garden projects." - Janice P.
We Also Recommend
6-inch Round Top Landscape Garden Sod Staples Stakes Pins
9-inch Square Top Heavy Duty Landscape Staples Bulk - Garden Anchor Pins
6" Long x 2" Wide EXTRA WIDE Square Top Landscape Garden Sod Staples Stakes Pins
12-inch 8-gauge Round Top Heavy Duty Landscape Staples - Bulk Wholesale Quantities
I love the strength of my sod staples! Thank you for making them so affordable also! Good job
These are quality pins at a price I have not found cheaper else. I buy 1,000 at a time.
Excellent | Sturdy | Perfect
I first discovered these staples on Amazon and after my first order I decided to try the direct site. I still have not received my order but from my first purchase I can say these staples are the best quality and price. You will not find anything close at large hardware stores (Home Depot, Lowe's) in price or quality. Definitely worth if you're doing home gardening or professional work.
pins be good
them pins, them pins, nothin better or cheaper, buy them tout suite