6-inch Standard Landscape Fabric Garden Staples (Trusted by Farmers and Contractors Across USA) - 11 Gauge
Sandbaggy's 6 inch landscape staples are designed to last. They're tough enough to handle any of your landscape needs.
The 6-inch length is 50% thicker and longer than the typical 4-inch staples sold at Home Depot and Lowes. This added thickness and length make for easier installation and better hold of landscape fabric.
Made of low carbon 11-gauge thick steel, they're durable and can be used with all types of landscape fabric, weed barrier fabric, erosion control matting, jute/burlap netting, artificial turf, and drip irrigation tubing.
Video: Landscape Staples: Sandbaggy 6-inch 11-gauge Square Top Sod Staples
- Length: 6 in.
- Width: 1 in.
- Material: Steel
- 11 Gauge (Heavy Duty)
- Square Top
- #1 BEST SELLING BRAND: Sandbaggy 6 inch landscape staples can be found securing landscape fabric & irrigation piping on job sites, national parks, and airports across America. That’s why we are the #1 best selling brand of landscape staples on the Internet, with over 25 million Sandbaggy landscape staples installed across this great country.
- WIDELY TRUSTED by many landscapers/contractors, nonprofits, and government agencies including the National Park Service and Forest Service to safeguard our national parks and forests on public lands.
- 6-INCH 11 GAUGE STEEL: The points on the staples are sharp enough to pierce commercial ground cloth, and the staples are long enough to anchor weed barrier to the ground. The 11-gauge steel also reduces the likelihood of bending during installation.
- CUSTOMERS LOVE THEM: We're lucky to be able to help customers every day secure landscape fabric to control weeds, bird netting to protect a budding crop from being ruined by birds, drip irrigation to keep plants watered, and chicken wire to protect seedlings from small animals.
- “Can't landscape without them” - Lawrence S.
- “Thick heavy-duty staples stand up to the toughest jobs” - Michael S.
- “These are the best landscape staples I've found anywhere” - Granuaile
- SUB-PACKED FOR EASY INSTALLATION: Neatly sub-packed in plastic bags (100 staples/bag)
- FAST FREE PRIORITY MAIL SHIPPING: arrives in 2-4 business days (10,000 staples or fewer)
- Shipments of 20,000 staples or more will take 1-3 weeks, since we will ship on a pallet with LTL carrier
These Sandbaggy 6-Inch square top landscape staples are commercial grade landscape staples that will help you get the job done.
Sandbaggy staples are great for securing landscape fabric, bird netting, artificial turf, and drip irrigation.
Never Buy Staples From Home Depot or Lowes - Here's Why:
- Sandbaggy landscape staples are 50% thicker and 2 inches longer than staples sold at hardware stores like Home Depot & Lowes
- Thicker and longer sod staples will not bend as easily during installation and hold down fabric better especially in high wind areas
- Landscape fabric stakes sold at hardware stores are typically 16 gauge compared with our 11 gauge staples
- As the gauge number increases, the steel thickness decreases
Sandbaggy vs. Home Depot Landscape Fabric Garden Staples
Sandbaggy garden staples are more durable, easier to stick into the ground, and do a better job holding your landscape fabric down than Home Depot’s. That’s because Sandbaggy’s garden staples are 6 inches long (compared to Home Depot’s 4 inch), so they are better able to hold down landscape fabric. Plus, our staples are 11 gauge, making them heavy duty and less likely to bend when inserted into the ground. The chisel point also makes installing Sandbaggy staples much easier.
Learn More About Our Standard Staples!
Sandbaggy standard landscape staples are great for so many applications!
How Many Staples Do I Need?
Calculate the number of landscape staples and rolls of 3' x 300' landscape fabric you need
How this calculator works
Far more staples are required in soft soil than hard soil to properly anchor the landscape fabric in place.
To be precise, in soft soil, install one staple every 1 foot. In normal soil, install one staple every 3 feet. In hard soil, install one staple every 5 feet.
The calculator assumes that landscape fabric is being used to cover every square foot of the plot of land.
When rolling out landscape fabric, it's ideal to overlap the edges of the landscape fabric about 12%, so that weeds cannot grow in between the edges of the fabric.
Landscape fabric should not be stretched straight over a dip in the ground.
Rather, the fabric should be touching the ground at all times and should adjust to the contours of the land, such as bumps, dips, and hills.
This allows you to walk on the installed landscape fabric without worrying about damaging it.
Video: How To Apply Landscape Staples, Sod Staples & Garden Stakes
How Customers Use Square Top Landscape Staples (actual customer videos/photos)
Backyard Transformation with Sandbaggy Staples in Wisconsin Homestead - Learn More
Sandbaggy square top landscape staples are able to pin and hold landscape fabric to the ground so effectively, they will even hold down the fabric under rocks.
Hold down landscape fabric in West Virginia
- Square top landscape staples used to hold down landscape fabric
- Landscape fabric and rocks covering a path in the wilderness
- "These are good quality landscape staples. They hold down the fabric very well, so the wind doesn't blow it away while you're attempting to put it down. And Sandbaggy has the best price of many sites I checked online." - Lawrence S.
Gardening in Florida
- Square top landscape staples used to support a divider in a garden
- "These stakes work perfectly for our garden projects." - Janice P.
How many landscape staples do I need for my landscape fabric project?
We recommend installing a landscape staple at least every 3 feet to hold the fabric down.
|Fabric type||Number of staples|
|3' x 50'||100 staples|
|3' x 150'||300 staples|
|3' x 300'||600 staples|
|3' x 500'||1000 staples|
|4' x 50'||100 staples|
|4' x 220'||500 staples|
|4' x 300'||700 staples|
What's the difference between round top and square top sod staples?
Square top sod staple have a flat top.
Square top sod staples are typically used for securing landscape fabric, weed barrier fabric, dog fences & electric fences, controlling weed, securing synthetic turf, and holding sod.
Round top sod staples are rounded at the top.
Round top sod staples are typically used to hold down irrigation pipes and PVC pipes.
What gauge and size of landscape staples (sod staples) should I buy?
The lower the gauge number, the thicker and stronger the metal.
With compact soil, use landscape staples with a lower gauge, i.e. 8 gauge, so that the staples don't snap while hammering them into the ground.
With normal or looser soil, use landscape staples with a higher gauge, i.e. 11 gauge.
11-gauge staples are suitable for most applications.
Longer staples work better in looser soils.
The added length ensures that the landscape staple will not move after installation.
For most soils, 6" x 1" x 6" staples will work.
Will these staples rust?
Standard Coating - Yes
Galvanized Coating - No
The staples with standard coating will rust, but the staples with galvanized, rust-resistant coating will not.
However, rust can be good because it strengthens the staples' holding power and makes it more difficult to pull out.
When steel rusts, it forms a protective coating preventing further rusting.
Rust does not affect the strength of the wire in any way and is purely cosmetic.
These staples are usually installed once and never touched again, so rust is not a problem.
If you decide to reuse the staples, be sure to buy the galvanized, rust-resistant version of these staples.
Will these staples fit over a 1/2-inch PVC pipe?
Yes. The staples are 1" wide, allowing them to staple PVC pipes up to 1 inch in diameter
For PVC pipes, we recommend round top staples, as the rounded top fits better over the pipe than the square top of this staple.
What is the difference between all the different types of landscape staples you sell?
|Length||Width||Gauge (lower = thicker)||Ideal soil type||Best use||Top||Galvanized?|
|6-inch||1-inch||11 gauge||Normal||Landscape fabric||Square||Available|
|6-inch||1-inch||11 gauge||Normal||Install pipes||Round||Available|
|6-inch||1-inch||9 gauge||Hard||Strong, heavy duty||Square|
|6 or 8-inch||2-inch||9 or 8 gauge||Hard||2X wider||Square||Available|
|9-inch||1-inch||11 gauge||Soft||Soft soil||Square||Available|
|12-inch||1-inch||8 gauge||Soft||Long, heavy duty||Round||Available|
|6-inch||1-inch||11 gauge||Normal||Stands out||Square|
|6-inch||1-inch||8 gauge||Normal||Fast installation||Circle||Yes|
|5-inch||0.5-inch||14 gauge||Normal||Drip tubing (irrigation)||Round||Yes|
|The easiest way to install landscape staples. Period.|
Other names for Landscape Staples: U-shaped Stakes, Garden Stakes, Sod Staples, Fence Staples, Sod Depot, Landscape Fabric Pins, Landscape Fabric Staples, Landscape Stakes, Steel Stakes, Lawn Staples, Anchor Pins, Sod Pins and Ground Staples
We Also Recommend
Non-Woven Geotextile Filter Fabric 4 oz - Landscape Fabric - Great For French Drains & Landscaping - 50 Year Fabric - Made in USA
Non-Woven Geotextile Landscaping Filter Fabric 8 oz - Landscape Fabric - Toughest on the Market - 50 Year Fabric - Made in USA
12-inch Heavy Duty Landscape Staples - 37% Thicker - 8 Gauge Steel
12-inch Heavy Duty Landscape Staples - 37% Thicker - 8 Gauge Galvanized Steel