Non-Woven Geotextile Pond Underlayment Fabric (8 oz) - Toughest on the Market - Made in USA
Protect Your Pond Liner
Build the pond of your dreams and make it last a lifetime! Use Sandbaggy Pond Underlayment Fabric to protect your pond liner from being punctured by sharp objects like rocks and tree roots, while also preventing air voids from forming between the pond liner and the ground. It’s also safe for both fish and plant life.
This is an 8 oz non woven geotextile fabric for ponds providing 30% more protection than other pond liner underlayment fabrics on the market. With an industry leading 205 pounds of tensile strength and a 50 year lifespan, this pond underlayment fabric is heavy duty (meets Class 1 requirements for Non Woven Geotextiles). Our fabric is both puncture resistant and UV stabilized.
- PROTECTS POND LINERS (PUNCTURE RESISTANT) - Sandbaggy's 8 oz geotextile pond underlayment fabric is puncture resistant. Engineered with 205 lbs of tensile strength, this fabric provides the necessary protection to keep sharp objects such as rocks & tree roots from puncturing pond liner.
- PREVENT AIR VOIDS: Sandbaggy Pond Underlayment Fabric stabilizes soil to allow gasses to escape, which prevents air voids from forming between Pond Liner and Earth.
- EASY TO CUT TO SIZE - You have an odd sized pond? No problem! Just cut the fabric to the size you need with a pair of sharp scissors and lay the fabric down! Just make sure to order enough square feet of fabric and you're good to go!
- SAFE FOR FISH & PLANT LIFE - Rest safe in knowing that Sandbaggy's Pond Underlayment Fabric is safe for all your fish AND your plants!
- 50+ YEAR* FABRIC - The flexible & soft fabric is UV stabilized and engineered to last 50+ yrs (*depends on site conditions) if properly installed underneath the Pond Liner. However, if the fabric is exposed to the Sun, the lifespan drops as low as 1 year.
- 30% STRONGER THAN COMPETITION - Sandbaggy's Pond Liner Underlayment Fabric is engineered to be 30% stronger than our competition. While other Underlayment Fabrics only have 160 lbs of strength, Sandbaggy's has 205 lbs or 30% more! Plus, our fabric is also 33% thicker than others (8 oz compared to 6 oz). This means MORE PROTECTION for your pond & LESS MAINTENANCE down the road
- MADE IN AMERICA - Support American jobs, American infrastructure and American FAMILIES - While everyone else has outsourced to China, we are one of the ONLY companies that still makes our fabric in America. We've been written up by Fox, Daily Herald, MarketWatch and other news outlets for leading the industry with our American made fabric
- Thickness: 8 oz
- Material: polypropylene non-woven fabric
- Meets Class 1 requirements for Non Woven Geotextiles
- NTPEP Compliant - Our factory is audited annually by NTPEP to ensure our geotextiles meet all AASHTO's NTPEP standards
- Roll Size(s):
- 6 ft x 25 ft (150 sq ft) - 8 lbs
- 6 ft x 50 ft (300 sq ft) - 15 lbs
- 10 ft x 15 ft (150 sq ft) - 8 lbs
- 15 ft x 15 ft (225 sq ft) - 11 lbs
- 15 ft x 30 ft (450 sq ft) - 22 lbs
- 15 ft x 50 ft (750 sq ft) - 38 lbs
- 15 ft x 100 ft (1500 sq ft) - 76 lbs
- 20 ft x 20 ft (400 sq ft) - 20 lbs
- 25 ft x 25 ft (625 sq ft) - 35 lbs
- 40 ft x 20 ft (800 sq ft)- 40 lbs
- UV Stabilized
- Note: Rolls over 3 feet will be folded in half to fit within UPS size guidelines. In addition, Rolls may arrive in 2 parts depending on the roll (for example: if you order a 100 feet roll, you may receive two-50 ft pieces).
Maximum Roll Width - 15 ft - The maximum roll width our machine can make is 15 feet. This means that if you order a size larger than 15 ft, we will send you one or more pieces equal to the total square footage of what you ordered. If you ordered a 40 ft x 20 ft roll, you will receive 1 roll - 10 x 80 ft Roll.
Simply lay the fabric out and cut the fabric (where needed) and lay out all the Underlayment Fabric. Then, install the pond liner!
Fabric Variance: Please note that fabric may have approx (±) 3% variance in size due to manufacturer's cutting machine
Why Sandbaggy Underlayment Beats the Competition
Sandbaggy pond underlayment adds an extra layer of protection to your pond liner. This is a heavy duty fabric, meeting Class 1 requirements for Non Woven Geotextiles, so you can rest assured your pond liner will be protected.
Pond underlayment is not an issue when it comes to the safety of your pond’s fish and plant life. For concerns about the safety of your pond’s fish and plants, make sure you select the appropriate pond liner that won’t leach harmful chemicals into the water. The easiest way to tell if a pond liner is safe for fish and plants is to check if it has the NSF certification label.
Sandbaggy pond underlayment is heavy duty! Our non woven geotextile fabric is 30% stronger than our competitors and is even 33% thicker (8 oz compared to 6 oz) than
Fabric Lifespan - 50+ Years
Sandbaggy non woven geotextile fabric is engineered to last 50+ years (dependent on site conditions). Just make sure the fabric is properly installed under the pond liner. If the fabric is exposed to the sun the lifespan drops as low as 1 year.
Proprietary Manufacturing Process
Learn more about our proprietary manufacturing process that makes our fabric better than the competition.
Use Sandbaggy Non Woven Geotextile Fabric for Dry Creek Bed Construction
Ruth installed a dry stream bed in her backyard using our 8 oz non woven geotextile fabric under rocks. She loves just how thick and strong the fabric is, while still being easy to cut and shape for her desired purposes.
In the Press
What can I use as pond underlay?
It is most common to use a non woven geotextile as pond underlay. Non-woven geotextile fabrics are a strong, soft, lightweight, and flexible fabric. The strength and soft “felt like” material are great for adding an extra layer of padding to your pond liner. The lightweight and flexibility of the fabric make it easy to use and install at the base of your pond, as it is able to conform to the shape of the ground.
We do not recommend using carpet, sand, or newspaper for pond underlayment. As these come with potential drawbacks, whether from the inconvenience of installation or causing other issues in the future.
Is underlayment necessary for ponds?
Underlayment for ponds is necessary to protect the pond liner from being punctured by objects on the ground or tearing due to water pressure. Underlayment serves as a cushion (barrier) between the pond liner and the ground to prevent punctures by rocks or tree roots. Pond underlayment also helps to prevent the pond liner from stretching due to the immense amount of water pressure (weight) that is being put on the liner. It acts as a reinforcement layer under the liner, which adds stability.
What is the difference between pond liner and underlayment?
Pond liner is material installed at the base of your pond used to retain the water in your pond. Pond underlayment is installed under your pond liner to add another layer of protection and reinforcement to the liner.
Pond liner can be made from a variety of different materials: PVC, HDPE, Butyl, EPDM and rubber. Pond underlayment is commonly made from plastic, either polyester or polypropylene.
How thick should pond underlayment be?
Pond underlayment should be at least 6 oz thick. This provides adequate protection to your pond liner.
What is the difference between the types of rolls you sell?
Orange landscape fabric
|Material||Jute||Coconut fiber||Polypropylene woven fabric||Burlap|
|Length||225 ft||165 ft||300, 500 ft||100, 300, 500 ft||300 ft|
|Width||4 ft||4 ft||3 ft||3 ft||3.33 or 6 ft|
|Coverage||900 sq. ft||1,070 sq. ft||900 or 1,500 sq. ft||300 - 1,500 sq. ft||1,000 or 1,800 sq. ft|
|Price/sqft (1,000 sq. ft)||$0.17||$0.30||$0.08||$0.09||$0.15|
Beach / shoreline erosion
Table / aisle runner
Tree / shrub protection
|Life||1-2 years||2-5 years||9 months - 10 yrs (depending on Sun exposure)||9 months - 10 yrs (depending on Sun exposure)||N/A|
|Anchored using||6-inch sod staples||N/A|
We Also Recommend
18 inch Landscape Fabric for Weed Barrier, Ground Cover, Garden
3 ft Landscape Fabric For Weed Barrier, Ground Cover, Garden
4 ft Landscape Fabric For Weed Barrier, Ground Cover, Garden
6 ft Landscape Fabric For Weed Barrier, Ground Cover, Garden