Jute Netting Roll - Erosion Control Mesh Matting – 4 ft or 8 ft Wide
Jute Erosion Control Netting, also called Jute Matting, is an eco-friendly soil stabilizer designed to control erosion and runoff and to support plants as they take root.
Whatever erosion control needs you may have, Sandbaggy's jute erosion control netting will get the job done. It's the perfect landscape netting for slopes!
- Material: Natural Jute(100% Biodegradable)
- Lifespan: 6-24 months (dependent on site condition)
- Recommended Slope: Up to 2:1 (26.6-degree angle)
- 4 ft x 30 ft
- 4 ft x 60 ft
- 4 ft x 225 ft
- 8 ft x 50 ft (wider rolls = faster installation)
- 8 ft x 112 ft (wider rolls = faster installation)
Made from natural plant fibers, the properties of jute netting make it the most natural, affordable, and practical means to keep soil in place and prevent run-off on slopes.
Here's how Jute Netting stops erosion: Rain hits the ground at approximately 20 MPH. This high velocity of water then dislodges soil and causes erosion on a hillside.
When Jute Netting is installed, it acts as a layer or pillow that absorbs a majority of the impact/velocity from rainwater. The soil will still get wet, but the impact of the rainwater hitting the soil is substantially reduced. In the openings of the matting, rain water will still hit/dislodge the soil, but the netting 1 inch underneath will capture the soil and not allow it to roll down the hill.
The key to an effective erosion solution is to place staples every 2-3 feet apart, ensuring good contact between the soil and the Jute Mat.
Natural - 100% Biodegradable
Fully biodegradable jute netting rolls are an ideal method to stop erosion and keep soil in place until plant have established roots in the soil.
Jute netting provides great coverage for all terrains, especially slopes, and satisfies DOT guidelines and specifications.
From controlling erosion to stabilizing slopes, jute mesh blankets will get the job done.
Grown from jute plants, jute netting is 100% biodegradable, providing an environmentally friendly method of erosion control.
Potential Applications: Landscaping, Gardening, Erosion Control, & More!
- Erosion control: protecting landfill slopes, embankments, drainage ditches
- Stabilizing sand dunes, sod, river/stream banks, channels, shorelines
- Environmental protection: hydroseeding, reclaiming wetland areas, landscaping, wasteland restoration, re-vegetation
Other names for Jute Netting: Erosion Control Matting, Erosion Control Blanket, and Erosion Blanket
- Installed to prevent slope erosion on slopes up to 2:1 (26.6-degree angle)
- Perfect for keeping sandy soil in place
- Holds soil down to prevent runoff when it rains
- Keeps soil intact for seeds to sprout when rain comes
- Life expectancy: 6 months to 2 yrs or longer depending on the site conditions
- Great for erosion control or new seeding
- Secured to the ground using landscape staples
- 1 roll of jute netting requires 250 sod staples
- 30-day return policy
- Free shipping: arrives in 4 business days (2 rolls or fewer), anywhere in continental USA
- Shipments of 3 jute rolls or more will take 1-3 weeks (pallet shipment)
How Sandbaggy Jute Mesh Stopped Soil Erosion On Slopes Within 6 weeks!
Sandbaggy's jute mesh was able to control hillside slope erosion on a Montana lake in just 6 weeks.
How Sandbaggy Jute Is Perfect For Landscaping
This customer used Sandbaggy Jute Matting on a 100 yards long and 200 yards wide slope. The jute matting was the perfect landscaping solution, as it prevented erosion and allowed the grass to grow!
How To Install Jute Netting
- Prepare the soil by grading or raking the area free of clods and large stones
- A Bobcat or tractor may be needed for large jobs
- Do not compact
- If using fertilizer, add it to the soil before grading
- Seeds and mulch (if required) should be distributed evenly over the prepared soil
- Jute Netting should be applied by unrolling down the slope or in the direction of water-flow
- Dig a trench across the top of the slope
- This trench should be 6 inches by 6 inches
- Install the jute netting in the trench
- Place at least 12 inches of the roll above the trench (further up the slope)
- Space each staple about a foot apart inside the trench
- Once staples are installed inside the trench, backfill and compact dirt inside the trench
- Bring the extra 12 inches of the jute roll (on step 5) and cover the trench area
- Use additional staples (1 foot apart) secure
- Place staples 18" to 24" apart throughout to secure matting to ground
- All staples must be driven flush with soil surface
- Always overlap the edges 2" to 6"
- At the end of each roll, fold back 4" to 9" of the matting
- Overlap this 4" to 8" over the start of the next roll
- Securely staple the two layers to the ground
Jute Vs Burlap
Jute and Burlap are the same. Jute is the plant and burlap usually refers to the finished product. The terms can be used interchangeably.
What is jute netting used for?
Jute netting is used primarily for erosion control applications such as protecting landfill slopes, embankments, drainage ditches, stabilizing sand dunes, sod, river/stream banks, channels, and shorelines.
How long does jute netting last?
Jute netting's life expectancy is 6 months to 2 yrs. It can last longer depending on the site conditions.
How do you use jute netting for erosion control?
Use jute netting to stop erosion by clearing the area of clods and large stones, then unroll the jute mesh down the slope or in the direction of water-flow. Then, install landscape staples every 3-4 feet apart. Once installed, the hillside will be protected from erosion during the next rainstorm.
How strong is jute netting?
Jute is one of the strongest natural vegetable fibers available and is resistance to heat and weather. It is so strong that it is commonly used as a natural rope source.
What is the difference between the types of rolls you sell?
Orange landscape fabric
|Material||Jute||Coconut fiber||Polypropylene woven fabric||Burlap|
|Length||225 ft||165 ft||300, 500 ft||100, 300, 500 ft||300 ft|
|Width||4 ft||4 ft||3 ft||3 ft||3.33 or 6 ft|
|Coverage||900 sq. ft||1,070 sq. ft||900 or 1,500 sq. ft||300 - 1,500 sq. ft||1,000 or 1,800 sq. ft|
|Price/sqft (1,000 sq. ft)||$0.17||$0.30||$0.08||$0.09||$0.15|
Beach / shoreline erosion
Table / aisle runner
Tree / shrub protection
|Life||1-2 years||2-5 years||9-12 months||9-12 months||N/A|
|Anchored using||6-inch sod staples||N/A|
We Also Recommend
Coir Mat - Biodegradable Erosion Control Matting Roll - Made From Natural Coconut Fibers - Lasts 2-5 years
Coconut Erosion Control Blanket - Steep Slopes (1:1) - 3.75 ft x 120 ft Roll
Rice Straw Bales (Certified Weed Free) - 46" x 15" x 22" - Made in the USA