Coir Mat - Biodegradable Erosion Control Matting - Lasts 2-5 years
How Sandbaggy Coir Matting Protects Your Property
- Roll Size: 4 feet wide by 165 feet long
- Covers 660 square feet
- Material: 100% coconut fiber
- No synthetic materials
- 100% biodegradable: no cleanup necessary, eco-friendly
Stop erosion immediately: Whether you want to stabilize slopes or control erosion, coir matting will do the job.
Lasts 4-10X longer than straw blankets or jute (6 month life): The strong coconut fibers in coir matting allow it to last 2-5 years, even when a slope has no vegetation.
Can be submerged in water: Coir matting can protect against erosion on oceans, lakes, and rivers/streams, even when submerged in water. This is great for waterfront properties with erosion from waves.
- Easy installation: Unroll the coir mat and secure it to the ground with landscape staples, whether on a hillside or a shoreline
- Prepare the soil by raking the area free of stones and clods. A Bobcat or tractor may be needed for large jobs. Do not compact. If using fertilizer, add it to the soil before grading.
- Seeds and Mulch (if required) should be distributed evenly over the prepared soil.
- Coir Matting should be applied by unrolling down the slope or in the direction of water-flow.
- Dig a trench across the top of the slope. This trench should be 6 inches by 6 inches.
- Install the Coir Matting in the trench. Place at least 12 inches of the roll above the trench (further up the slope). Space each staple about a foot apart inside the trench
- Once staples are installed inside the trench, backfill and compact dirt inside the trench.
- Bring the extra 12 inches of the coir roll (on step 5) and cover the trench area. Use additional staples (1 foot apart) secure.
- Place staples 18" to 24" apart throughout to secure matting to ground. All staples must be driven flush with soil surface.
- Always overlap the edges 2" to 6". At the end of each roll, fold back 4" to 9” of the matting. Overlap this 4" to 8" over the start of the next roll. Securely staple the two layers to the ground.
What is the difference between the types of rolls you sell?
Orange landscape fabric
|Material||Jute||Coconut fiber||Polypropylene woven fabric||Burlap|
|Length||225 ft||165 ft||300, 500 ft||100, 300, 500 ft||300 ft|
|Width||4 ft||4 ft||3 ft||3 ft||3.33 or 6 ft|
|Coverage||900 sq. ft||660 sq. ft||900 or 1,500 sq. ft||300 - 1,500 sq. ft||1,000 or 1,800 sq. ft|
|Price/sqft (1,000 sq. ft)||$0.17||$0.30||$0.08||$0.09||$0.15|
Beach / shoreline erosion
Table / aisle runner
Tree / shrub protection
|Life||1-2 years||2-5 years||9-12 months||9-12 months||N/A|
|Anchored using||6-inch sod staples||N/A|
We Also Recommend
Jute Netting Roll - Erosion Control Matting
Landscape Fabric (2,000 UV hours) - 3 ft wide