6-inch Galvanized Artificial Turf Nails - Spiral Landscape Spikes - 7 Gauge Steel
Much Stronger Than Plastic Stakes Or Traditional Landscape Staples
For the easiest way to install & hold down artificial turf use Sandbaggy 6 inch Galvanized Artificial Turf Nails! No more brittle plastic stakes or flimsy landscape staples, our turf nails won’t bend during installation even in hard rocky soils.
Once installed these spiral landscape spikes won’t budge! The spiral design ensures a quick and reliable hold, preventing any shifting or loosening of the artificial turf. Crafted to endure even the harshest conditions, our nails are uniquely constructed with 10% more thickness than our competitors, utilizing a robust 7 gauge steel. Plus they have double the rust protection with a hot-dipped galvanized coating. Order today, as low as $0.07 each!
- Length: 6 inches
- Width (Head): 5/16 inch (0.3125 inch)
- Thickness: 3/16 inch (0.1875 inch)
- Weight: 0.6 oz (0.0375 lbs) each
- Material: Steel
- Coating: Hot Dipped Galvanized
- Gauge: 7 Gauge
- Color: Metal / Silver
- Type: Spiral Nail
- Install Into Hard Rocky Soil With No Problem! Constructed with a 7 gauge steel, these artificial turf nails are 10% thicker than many other nails on the market to ensure they won’t bend or break when hammering them into the ground. Try installing these on difficult terrains, as our nails easily penetrate and anchor the turf in place.
- Don’t Use Plastic Stakes or Traditional Metal Staples: Plastic Stakes can be brittle and traditional metal landscaping staples are prone to bending when installing. Turf nails are much sturdier and easier to install than either of these alternatives. And once installed in your turf, they don’t stick out like a sore thumb.
- Firmly Hold Down Your Astro Turf: Spiral design is recommended by turf contractors because it provides better friction and stability compared with traditional smooth nails. This minimizes the risk of the spiral nails coming loose over time helping your astro turf remain securely in place, maintaining a smooth and even surface.
- Safe & Easy To Use: The smooth finish and secure installation ensure no sharp edges are left exposed, and unlike larger staples/stakes, these are less likely to be a tripping hazard.
- Hot Dipped Galvanized For 2x Better Rust Protection! To make our nails rust resistant, Sandbaggy uses a hot dipped galvanized process, which provides 2x the rust protection when compared to a commonly used electro galvanized process. Our nails are built to withstand the elements and retain their integrity even in challenging weather conditions.
What kind of nails do I use for turf?
For turf installation, it is recommended to use specially designed turf nails or stakes. Galvanized steel spiral turf nails are an excellent choice. These nails offer superior durability, preventing them from bending or breaking during installation, and the spiral design ensures a secure hold on the artificial turf, preventing it from coming loose over time.
What size nails do you use for artificial turf?
The most commonly used size for artificial turf nails is 6 inches in length. These 6-inch nails provide sufficient anchoring power to secure the turf firmly to the ground, making them suitable for various landscaping applications.
What is the best way to nail down turf (synthetic grass)?
To effectively nail down turf aka synthetic grass, follow these steps:
- Prepare the area: Clear the ground of debris, rocks, and any other obstructions.
- Lay the turf: Roll out the artificial turf over the desired area and make sure it fits properly.
- Secure the edges: Start nailing down the edges of the turf using turf nails, placing them approximately 6-8 inches apart.
- Nail the center: Once the edges are secure, place additional nails in the center of the turf, also spaced 6-8 inches apart, to ensure a secure and even installation.
- Trim and shape: Finally, trim any excess turf and shape the edges for a neat and professional finish.
How many turf nails do I need?
The number of turf nails you need depends on the size and shape of the area you are covering with artificial turf. As a general guideline, you should use approximately 20-30 turf nails per square yard of turf. However, it is always a good idea to have some extra nails on hand to ensure you have enough to secure the entire turf properly.
Turf staples vs. nails for my lawn?
Both turf staples and nails are used to secure artificial turf, but they have some differences. Turf staples are U-shaped and are typically made of metal or plastic. They are quick and easy to install and are a popular choice for securing the edges of the turf. However, they may not provide as strong of a hold as nails, especially in challenging terrains.
On the other hand, turf nails, especially the galvanized steel spiral design, offer better anchoring power and are ideal for securing the entire surface of the artificial turf. They are more durable and less likely to come loose over time, making them a preferred choice for a long-lasting and reliable installation.
We Also Recommend
4-inch Landscape Sod Staples - 11 Gauge Galvanized Steel
5-inch Drip Tubing Stakes - Perfect for Holding Down Drip Irrigation - 1/4-inch Tubing - 11 Gauge or 14 Gauge
6-inch Standard Landscape Fabric Garden Staples (Trusted by Farmers and Contractors Across USA) - 11 Gauge
6-inch Round Top Landscape Garden Sod Staples (For PVC Pipes & Drip Tubing) - 11 Gauge