12-inch 8-gauge Round Top Heavy Duty Landscape Staples - Bulk Wholesale Quantities
- Material: 8-gauge steel
- 35% thicker than standard 11-gauge staples
- Less likely to bend during installation
- Size: 12 in. x 1 in. x 12 in.
- Landscape sod staples 12 inch
- 6 inches longer than standard staples
- Great for areas with softer soil where standard staples pull out easily during heavy winds
- Round Top
- Great for holding down pipes and drip irrigation tubing
- 2X longer than our standard 6-inch landscape staples
- Added length is better for soft soils
- Great for holding down pipes in soft soils
- For securing landscape and weed barrier fabrics, as well as landscaping, turf, dog and electric fences
- Comparable to metal garden stakes from Lowes, Home Depot, and Walmart
- Heavy duty landscape staples sold in bulk
- Multiple quantities: landscape sod staples available in 500, 1000 and more
- Sharp chisel point: effortless application
- The chisel point creates a sharp angle that makes the landscape staples installation process faster and easier
- Designed to rust to grow into the soil and increase the staples' holding power
- Commercial grade
- 30-day return policy
- Free, Priority Mail shipping: arrives in 3 business days (< 200 lbs), anywhere in USA
- Shipments over 200 lbs will take 1-2 weeks (pallet shipment)
1. Better for soft soils
These Sandbaggy 12-inch round top landscape staples are commercial grade landscape staples that will help you get the job done, whether for backyard projects or large landscaping projects.
Designed to be 6 inches longer than our standard 6-inch landscape staples, these 12-inch landscape staples will secure better in soft soils.
2. Stronger and more durable
Since these landscape staples are made with 8 gauge steel, they are much stronger and more durable than our standard 11-gauge landscape staples.
These landscape staples are designed specifically for holding down landscape and weed barrier fabric and dog fences.
12-inch staples also have many other uses, including securing drip irrigation and wireless fences.
Made with 8-gauge steel and sharp chisel points, these landscape staples will make applying the staples to the ground that much easier.
Other names for Landscape Staples: Garden Stakes, Sod Staples, Fence Staples, Sod Depot, Landscape Fabric Pins, Landscape Fabric Staples, Landscape Stakes, Steel Stakes, Lawn Staples, Anchor Pins, Sod Pins and Ground Staples
What's the difference between round top and square top sod staples?
1. Square top
Square top sod staple have a flat top.
Square top sod staples are typically used for securing landscape fabric, weed barrier fabric, dog fences & electric fences, controlling weed, securing synthetic turf, and holding sod.
2. Round top
Round top sod staples are rounded at the top.
Round top sod staples are typically used to hold down irrigation pipes and PVC pipes.
What gauge and size of landscape staples (sod staples) should I buy?
The lower the gauge number, the thicker and stronger the metal.
With compact soil, use landscape staples with a lower gauge, i.e. 8 gauge, so that the staples don't snap while hammering them into the ground.
With normal or looser soil, use landscape staples with a higher gauge, i.e. 11 gauge.
11-gauge staples are suitable for most applications.
Longer staples work better in looser soils.
The added length ensures that the landscape staple will not move after installation.
For most soils, 6" x 1" x 6" staples will work.
Will these staples rust?
The short answer is yes.
With normal use, the staples will definitely rust, as they are not galvanized.
However, rust is good because it strengthens the staples' holding power and makes it more difficult to pull out.
Also, when steel rusts, it forms a protective coating preventing further rusting.
Rust does not affect the strength of the wire in any way and is purely cosmetic.
These staples are usually installed once and never touched again, so rust is not a problem.
If you decide to reuse the staples, be sure to use a pair of gloves when pulling up the staples to prevent your hands from getting dirty.
Why not sell a galvanized version of these staples?
Galvanized staples are considerably more expensive and unnecessary unless the staples need to be reused and the original appearance of the staple must be preserved.
For one-time use applications, such as installing landscape fabric or drip tubing, non-galvanized staples such as these will do the job just as well.
Non-galvanized staples can even be reused when rusted; just make sure to wear a pair of gloves when handling them to keep your hands clean.
We do offer one version of galvanized staples: 1-inch width, 6-inch length, round top.
Will these staples fit over a 1/2-inch PVC pipe?
The staples are 1" wide, which should be enough space to fit over the 1/2-inch PVC pipe.
For PVC pipes, we recommend round top staples, as the rounded top fits better over the pipe than a square top.
I only need a few pins. Why should I buy these over the 25 or 50-packs at local stores?
These pins are a fraction of the cost of those at local stores.
You can pin down vines, grasses, and small roots after planting, so they stay in place until the roots establish.
You don't have to worry about dropping or losing a pin because the cost per pin is so minimal.
- Depending on how hard your soil is, separate each sod staple between 1-5 ft. For very soft soil, separate each staple by 1 ft. For very hard soil, separate each staple by 5 ft.
We Also Recommend
14x26 Empty Woven Polypropylene Sandbags With Ties For Sale For Flooding - Bulk Wholesale Tent & Store Bags
6-inch Square Top Landscape Sod Staples Fabric Stakes (MOST POPULAR)
24x40 Burlap Bags Wholesale Bulk, Sack Race Bags, Burlap Sacks, Potato Sacks For Sale
I have two complaints .
I have two complaints . 1) they leave a black film of what appears to be grease all over your hands 2) they aren’t galvanized . Overall they are strong and work well
1) The staples are greasy because they are treated with oil. We recommend using gloves when handling the staples to protect your hands. 2) This specific type of staple (12") is not galvanized, but we do sell a smaller 6" staple that is galvanized: https://www.sandbaggy.com/products/6-inch-round-top-galvanized-landscape-garden-sod-staples
Quality at a great price!
The 12" 8-gauge Round Top Heavy Duty Landscape Staples are top quality. We will not have to worry about them lifting. Great quality at a great price!
Heavy Duty Staples
We have been looking for these for quite some time. These are heavy duty, long staples which stay put once you put them in the ground. Great for stabilizing summer projects (birdbaths, shepard hooks, etc) and winter projects (inflatables, lighted wire sculptures, etc.) This was the only place we could find them and now we have you bookmarked so we can always find you.