6-inch 8-GAUGE Steel Square Top Landscape Staples - Heavy Duty Landscape Fabric Pins
Extremely Heavy Duty! 40% Thicker Than Your Average Staple
Sandbaggy 8 gauge landscape staples are 40% thicker and contain 40-45% more metal than the standard 6-inch 11-gauge landscape staple.
The extra thickness makes them a heavy duty landscape staple, perfect for extremely hard soils, where standard staples will bend easily. The super sharp chisel point also makes for very easy installation. Great for desert environments such as Southern California that have very rocky soil!
If you are looking for a different size or gauge of staple to fit your needs, check out Sandbaggy's wide variety of landscape or ground staples.
No more bent staples!
Made with chisel point ends and a thick 8 gauge heavy duty steel, these staples are perfect for installing into hard rocky soil without bending. These square top landscape stakes are used for installing landscape fabrics or erosion control netting into the ground. You can also use them to hold down drip irrigation tubing and pvc pipes, though we recommend round top landscape staples for that.
- Length: 6 in.
- Width: 1 in.
- Material: Steel
- 8 Gauge (Extra Heavy Duty)
- Square Top
- Chisel Point Ends
- TOUGHEST 6 INCH STAPLES ON THE INTERNET: This 8 gauge staple breaks through the hardest and rockiest soil. Unlike our competitor’s thinner 11 gauge staples that bend in hard soils, these landscape staples will pierce through the hard soil and get the job done - saving you valuable time & frustration. Ain’t nobody got time for that
- MAJOR IMPROVEMENT: Sandbaggy Landscape Staples are more than TWICE as thick and 2 inches longer than staples sold at hardware stores like Home Depot & Lowes. Thicker and longer staples will not bend as easily during installation and hold down fabric better especially in high wind areas. Staples sold at hardware stores are typically 16 gauge compared with our 8 gauge staples (as the gauge decreases, the steel thickness increases)
- WIDELY TRUSTED by many landscapers/contractors, nonprofits, and government agencies including the National Park Service and Forest Service to safeguard our national parks and forests on public lands.
- CUSTOMERS LOVE THEM: We're lucky to be able to help customers every day secure landscape fabric to control weeds, bird netting to protect a budding crop from being ruined by birds, drip irrigation to keep plants watered, and chicken wire to protect seedlings from small animals.
- “Can't landscape without them” - Lawrence S.
- “Thick heavy-duty staples stand up to the toughest jobs” - Michael S.
- “These are the best landscape staples I've found anywhere” - Granuaile.
- #1 BEST SELLING BRAND: Sandbaggy landscape staples can be found securing landscape fabric & irrigation piping on job sites, national parks, and airports across America. That’s why we are the #1 best selling brand of landscape staples on the Internet, with over 25 million Sandbaggy landscape staples installed across this great country.
- SUB-PACKED FOR EASY INSTALLATION: Neatly sub-packed 100 staples/bag - retail packaging not included as part of a strategy to reduce packaging waste
These Sandbaggy 6" 8-gauge square top landscape staples are professional grade landscape staples that will help you get the job done, whether for backyard projects or large landscaping projects.
These landscape staples are designed specifically for holding down landscape fabric, PVC pipes, weed barrier fabric, and dog fence.
Extra thick (8-gauge) staples can also be used to secure drip irrigation and wireless fences.
Made with 8-gauge steel and sharp chisel points, these landscape staples will make applying the staples to compacted/hard ground that much easier.
Great for securing landscape fabric in your garden
Sandbaggy staples are great for securing landscape fabric, bird netting, and weed barriers.
Install Sod and Artificial Turf on Your Lawn
Use our 6" garden staples to pin sod and artificial turf to the ground.
Using Landscape Staples to Install Weed Barriers
Sandbaggy landscaping staples are great for installing weed barriers in your yard.
Landscape Staples Hold Down Landscaping Fabric in 50 MPH Winds
Our staples were able to help this Iowa Farmer hold down his landscaping fabric in 50 mph winds.
Backyard Transformation with Sandbaggy Staples in Wisconsin Homestead
Sandbaggy heavy duty landscape staples work so well, you can install them under rocks and gravel.
How many landscape staples do I need for my landscape fabric project?
We recommend installing a landscape staple at least every 3 feet to hold the fabric down.
|Fabric type||Number of staples|
|3' x 50'||100 staples|
|3' x 150'||300 staples|
|3' x 300'||600 staples|
|3' x 500'||1000 staples|
|4' x 50'||100 staples|
|4' x 220'||500 staples|
|4' x 300'||700 staples|
What's the difference between round top and square top sod staples?
Square top sod staple have a flat top.
Square top sod staples are typically used for securing landscape fabric, weed barrier fabric, dog fences & electric fences, controlling weed, securing synthetic turf, and holding sod.
Round top sod staples are rounded at the top.
Round top sod staples are typically used to hold down irrigation pipes and PVC pipes.
What gauge and size of landscape staples (sod staples) should I buy?
The lower the gauge number, the thicker and stronger the metal.
With compact soil, use landscape staples with a lower gauge, i.e. 8 gauge, so that the staples don't snap while hammering them into the ground.
With normal or looser soil, use landscape staples with a higher gauge, i.e. 11 gauge.
11-gauge staples are suitable for most applications.
Longer staples work better in looser soils.
The added length ensures that the landscape staple will not move after installation.
For most soils, 6" x 1" x 6" staples will work.
Will these staples rust?
The short answer is yes.
With normal use, the staples will definitely rust, as they are not galvanized.
However, rust is good because it strengthens the staples' holding power and makes it more difficult to pull out.
Also, when steel rusts, it forms a protective coating preventing further rusting.
Rust does not affect the strength of the wire in any way and is purely cosmetic.
These staples are usually installed once and never touched again, so rust is not a problem.
If you decide to reuse the staples, be sure to use a pair of gloves when pulling up the staples to prevent your hands from getting dirty.
Why not sell a galvanized version of these staples?
Galvanized staples are considerably more expensive and unnecessary unless the staples need to be reused and the original appearance of the staple must be preserved.
For one-time use applications, such as installing landscape fabric or drip tubing, non-galvanized staples such as these will do the job just as well.
Non-galvanized staples can even be reused when rusted; just make sure to wear a pair of gloves when handling them to keep your hands clean.
We do offer one version of galvanized staples: 1-inch width, 6-inch length, round top.
Will these staples fit over a 1/2-inch PVC pipe?
The staples are 1" wide, which should be enough space to fit over the 1/2-inch PVC pipe.
As staples are 6" long, 5" of the staple should be in the ground.
This is enough to anchor the pipe so long as the soil isn't too loose.
For PVC pipes, we recommend round top staples, as the rounded top fits better over the pipe than a square top.
I only need a few pins. Why should I buy these over the 25 or 50-packs at local stores?
These pins are a fraction of the cost of those at local stores.
You can pin down vines, grasses, and small roots after planting, so they stay in place until the roots establish.
You don't have to worry about dropping or losing a pin because the cost per pin is so minimal.
What is the difference between all the different types of landscape staples you sell?
|Length||Width||Gauge (lower = thicker)||Ideal soil type||Best use||Top||Galvanized?|
|6-inch||1-inch||11 gauge||Normal||Landscape fabric||Square||Available|
|6-inch||1-inch||11 gauge||Normal||Install pipes||Round||Available|
|6-inch||1-inch||9 gauge||Hard||Strong, heavy duty||Square|
|6 or 8-inch||2-inch||9 or 8 gauge||Hard||2X wider||Square||Available|
|9-inch||1-inch||11 gauge||Soft||Soft soil||Square||Available|
|12-inch||1-inch||8 gauge||Soft||Long, heavy duty||Round||Available|
|6-inch||1-inch||11 gauge||Normal||Stands out||Square|
|6-inch||1-inch||8 gauge||Normal||Fast installation||Circle||Yes|
|5-inch||0.5-inch||14 gauge||Normal||Drip tubing (irrigation)||Round||Yes|
|The easiest way to install landscape staples. Period.|
- Depending on how hard your soil is, separate each sod staple between 1-5 ft. For very soft soil, separate each staple by 1 ft. For very hard soil, separate each staple by 5 ft.
- For very soft soil, we recommend longer sod staples, such as 9-inch sod staples.
- For very hard soil, we recommend thicker sod staples, such as 6" x 2" x 6" 9-gauge staples.
Learn how to insert Sandbaggy landscape staples and stakes into the ground!
We Also Recommend
Sandbags For Flooding - Size: 14-inch x 26-inch - Empty Woven Polypropylene
6-inch 9-GAUGE Steel Square Top Landscape Staples - Heavy Duty Landscape Fabric Pins
3 ft Landscape Fabric | 40 Year Fabric | For Weed Barrier, Ground Cover, Garden | Heavy Duty Commercial Grade Fabric | 135 Lbs of Tensile Strength | Approved by DOT | 3 ft Wide
Empty Polypropylene Sandbags - Size: 18-inch x 30-inch, White (UV Resistant)
Excellent product, 9 gauge, 6” staple. Just what I need for my business anchoring seams of Artificial Turf with seam cloth, glue and extra support with Staples. The great thing about this very sturdy steel staple is how it can go through the Artificial Turf, crush-bluestone and a times recycle when also using recycled cement. I will continue to buy this product for its price value, easy shipping and durability. Thank you
The 6”, 8 gauge landscape staples worked perfectly. I used them to secure landscape fabric and tomato cages. They were heavy duty and pierced the landscape fabulous easily.
These staples are great. I have a chicken wire fence around my vegetable garden. Rabbits would always find a place at the bottom of the fence and push their way under the fence. These staples are much better (longer and sturdier) then the ones I got from Home Depot last year...
You CAN keep a "good" weed down!
These staples are of superior quality. Over the last few years, we've been slowly rescaping the front and back yards, and after a regrettable start with some cheap Home Depot Vigoro staples, we found these and haven't looked back. The only staples we've found that are of a higher quality than these, are virtually the same staples, but galvanized, also from Sandbaggy. But as these are permanent changes to our yard, it's nice to have a slightly cheaper option that still works amazingly. I'd also like to add that these pair incredibly well with Dewalt P3 landscape fabric. Again, we tried multiple other landscape fabrics, but found this particular one to be far superior to the rest.
heavy duty, nice thick landscape staples.
worked great for some 1/2 inch drip system pipe. these things are solid, will be using for many applications.