White Landscape Fabric - Non-Woven Geotextile Filter Fabric 8 oz - Toughest on the Market - 50 Year Fabric - Made in USA
Keep Your Soil Cool In Hot Climates!
Sandbaggy White Landscape Fabric is the ideal choice to be used as ground cover or as a weed barrier for hotter climates. Unlike black landscape fabrics, which absorb heat, white landscape fabrics are able to better reflect sunlight. This is advantageous for hot and sunny regions, where you want to reduce the soil temperature for optimal plant growth. Use our white landscape fabric for gardening and farming applications.
Our white landscape fabric is extremely tough! It’s UV stabilized with the ability to last 50+ years under the sun when covered with at least 3 inches of gravel. It is also resistant against mildew and biological degradation. This fabric is equivalent to our 8 oz non woven geotextile, which is used under gravel for heavy duty applications like road/ground stabilization, paver underlayment, and soil separation, so you know this fabric is built to last.
- Thickness: 8 oz
- Material: polypropylene non-woven fabric
- Double Punched - Needle Punched
- Meets Class 1 or Class 2 requirements for Non Woven Geotextiles
- Equivalent or exceeds fabric specifications from Tencate Mirafi 180N or Propex Geotex 801 or Hanes Geo TerraTex N08
- NTPEP Compliant - Our factory is audited annually by NTPEP to ensure our geotextiles meet all AASHTO's NTPEP standards
- Roll Size:
- 5 x 15 ft - 75 sq ft
- 15 ft x 25 ft/roll - 375 sq ft
- 15 ft x 50 ft/roll - 750 sq ft
- 15 ft x 100 ft/roll - 1500 sq ft
- Color: White
- Tensile Strength: 205 lbs
- Flow Rate: 110 GPM per square ft
- Folded Fabric: Rolls over 3 feet will be folded in half to fit within UPS size guidelines. In addition, Rolls may arrive in 2 parts depending on the roll (for example: if you order a 100 feet roll, you may receive two-50 ft pieces).
- Fabric Variance: Please note that fabric may have approx (±) 3% variance in size due to manufacturer's cutting machine
- MADE IN AMERICA: Support American jobs, American infrastructure and American FAMILIES - While everyone else has outsourced to China, we are one of the ONLY companies that still makes our fabric in America.
- SAFE FOR ORGANIC FARMING: All Sandbaggy fabric is safe for organic farming. Our white landscape fabric can help prevent the soil from overheating in hotter climates.
- WEED BARRIER FOR HOT CLIMATES: Use as ground cover or a weed barrier. White ground cover may be more effective at preventing weed growth, as it reflects more light and can inhibit photosynthesis in weed seeds.
- HEAVY DUTY CONSTRUCTION: Made with Industrial Grade 8 oz Non-Woven Polypropylene, this Sandbaggy polypropylene filter fabric is the toughest in its class and is rated for 205 lbs of tensile strength. This is TWO TIMES thicker than standard fabrics.
- PERMEABLE: This fabric boasts some of the best flow rates for a non woven landscape fabric with 110 GPM per square ft, meaning better drainage and flow-through while being extremely strong!
- FLEXIBLE & SOFT FABRIC: Unlike standard woven fabrics that are rigid, Sandbaggy Non-Woven Filter Fabric is made from needle punched polypropylene (feels like felt) making this geotextile fabric flexible and able to easily conform to uneven surfaces. This is ideal when laying it under gravel.
- IMPROVES DRAINAGE: Sandbaggy Filter Fabric helps prevent clogging, extends drainage system life and performance and is great for French Drains, trench drains and blanket drains.
- DOES NOT FRAY: You can cut as many X's as you want and the fabric will not fray
- PALLET/TRUCKLOAD PRICING: If you are looking to buy wholesale non woven geotextile fabric, we're your guy! Please contact us for bulk pallet pricing or truckload discount.
- Road Stabilization
- Drainage Installations
- Rip Rap
- Retaining Walls
- Paver Underlayment
- Geocell Underlayment
- Volleyball Court Construction
- Plant Covers
Commercial Grade Fabric Lasts 50+ Years!
Sandbaggy commercial grade geotextile fabric is engineered to last up to 50 years! Just make sure this fabric is buried under at least 3 inches of gravel or mulch, or is buried under roads to keep it away from constant UV sun exposure.
Proprietary Manufacturing Process
Learn more about our proprietary manufacturing process that makes our fabric better than the competition
Use Sandbaggy White Ground Cover As A Weed Barrier
Sandbaggy landscape fabric makes a great weed barrier in your garden. Use it as ground cover to completely cover and protect your garden, allowing water to get through to your plants, while preventing weeds from growing. You can install the fabric above or under mulch. Check out how this customer used our landscape fabric.
Use Sandbaggy Filter Fabric Under Rocks
Sandbaggy filter fabrics are strong, durable and permeable. They were able to help Ruth install a dry stream bed in her yard. Ruth placed our fabric under rocks to prevent weeds from growing in her new stream bed.
How Sandbaggy 8 oz Filter Fabric Stopped Weeds & Improved Filtration
Dave used our 8 oz non woven geotextile filter fabric for a variety of household projects. Our fabric was able to help him in building a new patio, a gravel foundation for his shed, and a parking area by his driveway. This black geotextile fabric was able to prevent weeds from growing and water from pooling in those areas. All Dave did was cover our landscape fabric with gravel and install it with some of our staples.
Building A French Drain with Sandbaggy Fabric
See how this customer used our Non Woven Geotextile Fabric to build a french drain. He said Sandbaggy fabric is easy to cut and difficult to tear. The permeable geotextile fabric allowed water to go through to prevent water pooling, but other materials like soil or rock weren’t able to go through the fabric. This customer was so happy with the fabric, he is even going to use this as a retaining wall fabric in his next project.
Will Landscape Fabric Stop All Weeds?
Other competitors claim that no weeds can grow through their 'heavy duty' weed barrier fabric. This is false advertising. No matter how thick the weed barrier fabric is, certain weeds are still strong enough to break through the fabric. Our recommendation is to use herbicides to kill the weeds or pull them out by hand when they grow through.
How To Install Landscape Fabric
When installing this landscape fabric, use a rubber mallet and gloves. Install staples 2-4 feet apart for secure fabric installation. Softer soils will require additional staples.
White Landscape Fabric vs Black Landscape Fabric
White and black landscape fabric can be used interchangeably for most jobs. Choosing between them becomes more important when your soil temperature is on the verge of being too hot or cold for optimal plant growth. In these instances, use white landscape fabric for hot sunny areas to reflect sunlight, thus cooling your soil. Use black landscape fabric to warm up your soil, when heat absorption will benefit your plants.
What is the difference between geotextile fabric and landscape fabric?
Geotextile fabric and landscape fabric are broad terms and can refer to the same thing. With that being said, when one refers to a geotextile fabric they are usually referring to a fabric used for civil engineering and construction applications such as drainage, filtration, soil stabilization, and soil separation. While landscape fabric is a reference to a product used for gardening and farming.
Is drainage fabric the same as landscape fabric?
No, drainage fabric is designed to facilitate the movement of water through soils or other materials while being able to simultaneously prevent soil particles from clogging the drainage system. Landscape fabric is designed to promote the growth of plants. It does this by suppressing weed growth and allowing water and nutrients to pass through to the soil while blocking sunlight and air.
Does landscape fabric go before or after soil?
You can install landscape fabric before or after soil is added. Applying the fabric after the soil is installed makes it easier to install and uninstall, but also reduces the lifespan of the fabric since it will be more exposed to the elements. We recommend installing landscape fabric under soil or gravel to ensure the longevity of the fabric.
What is the difference between the types of rolls you sell?
Orange landscape fabric
|Material||Jute||Coconut fiber||Polypropylene woven fabric||Burlap|
|Length||225 ft||165 ft||300, 500 ft||100, 300, 500 ft||300 ft|
|Width||4 ft||4 ft||3 ft||3 ft||3.33 or 6 ft|
|Coverage||900 sq. ft||1,070 sq. ft||900 or 1,500 sq. ft||300 - 1,500 sq. ft||1,000 or 1,800 sq. ft|
|Price/sqft (1,000 sq. ft)||$0.17||$0.30||$0.08||$0.09||$0.15|
Beach / shoreline erosion
Table / aisle runner
Tree / shrub protection
|Life||1-2 years||2-5 years||12 months - 40 yrs (depending on Sun exposure)||12 months - 40 yrs (depending on Sun exposure)||N/A|
|Anchored using||6-inch sod staples||N/A|
Our sandbags, burlap bags, and landscape staples are trusted by
We Also Recommend
18 inch Landscape Fabric | 40 Year Fabric | For Weed Barrier, Ground Cover, Garden | Heavy Duty Commercial Grade | Approved by DOT | 18 inch Wide
3 ft Landscape Fabric | 40 Year Fabric | For Weed Barrier, Ground Cover, Garden | Heavy Duty Commercial Grade Fabric | 135 Lbs of Tensile Strength | Approved by DOT | 3 ft Wide
4 Ft Landscape Fabric | 40 Year Fabric | For Weed Barrier, Ground Cover, Garden | Industrial Grade Fabric | 135 Lbs of Tensile Strength | Approved by DOT | 4 ft Wide
6 Ft Landscape Fabric | 40 Year Fabric | For Weed Barrier, Ground Cover, Garden | Industrial Grade Fabric | 135 Lbs of Tensile Strength | Approved by DOT | 6 ft Wide