18 inch Landscape Fabric | 40 Year Fabric | For Weed Barrier, Ground Cover, Garden | Heavy Duty Commercial Grade | Approved by DOT | 18 inch Wide
Protect Your Vegetable Gardens & Flower Beds From Weeds!
Nothing will ruin your beautiful garden more than weeds! Sandbaggy 18" Landscape Fabric is trusted by farmers and landscape contractors across this country. Manufactured with durable woven polypropylene, it meets or exceeds DOT standards making it a great heavy duty landscape fabric that can be used under gravel and soil.
We ensure that our landscape fabric has at least 135 lbs of tensile strength, as well as UV inhibitors to ensure longevity after installation. It is also very easy to install.
All you need to do is lay out the fabric and use Sandbaggy landscape staples to hold the fabric in place. Planting trees and plants is easy as well. Just cut the fabric with a pair of scissors and place the plant through the fabric, and you're done.
Width: 18 inch (perfect for narrow yards/gardens)
Lengths: 100 feet
- Thickness: 3 to 3.2 oz
- Material: Polypropylene
- Woven Fabric
- SAME, STRONG MATERIAL AS FLOOD CONTROL SANDBAGS: The durability of polypropylene woven fabric has been tested in severe flooding across this country and has stood the test of time. The same material that protects cities from being inundated with floodwaters is also used to produce Sandbaggy's commercial landscape fabric.
- STOP WEEDS IN VEGETABLE GARDENS & FLOWER BEDS: Using thick 3 oz fabric tightly woven by industrial grade looms, it makes it much more difficult for weeds to puncture through the fabric. Another side benefit with landscape fabric is that it helps prevent weeds from growing by blocking out the sunlight weeds need to grow. We recommend using our 18 inch wide landscape fabric for gardening applications.
- KEEP SOIL IN PLACE: Keeps your soil in place and prevents it from being eroded away during a rainstorm. Great for use under mulch or in a greenhouse. Sandbaggy Fabric is trusted by farmers across this country from reforestation farmers in Kooskia, Idaho on the West Coast to bamboo farmers in Lithia Florida on the East Coast
- LAB TESTED & INSPECTED: Sandbaggy inspects and lab tests landscape fabric to ensure fabric meets tough quality standards using strict ASTM standards. This means that you can rest assured that you are ONLY getting the best fabric! Sandbaggy Polypropylene Landscape Fabric is trusted by landscapers and farmers across this great country!
- SAFE FOR ORGANIC FARMING: All Sandbaggy fabric is safe for organic farming
- Secured to the ground using 6-inch landscape staples
- 30-day return policy
- Free shipping: arrives in 4-6 business days, anywhere in continental USA
Fabric Lifespan - 40+ Years
When you use this landscape fabric under gravel or soil, it's engineered to last 40+ Years! . As long as the fabric is buried with at least 3 inches of gravel, mulch, or under roads, and away from UV sun exposure, this woven landscape fabric can last 40+ years.
However, if the fabric is exposed to the Sun, the lifespan drops as low as one year.
Professional Quality Heat Sealed Edges
A common problem with landscape fabric is that the edges fray. The edges of Sandbaggy landscape fabric are heat sealed to prevent the fabric from fraying.
Tips for Securing and Installing Landscape Fabric
- Depending on how hard your soil is, separate each 6-inch sod staple between 2-4 ft. For very soft soil, separate each staple by 2 ft. For very hard soil, separate each staple by 4 ft.
- For very soft soil, we recommend longer sod staples, such as 9-inch sod staples.
- For very hard soil, we recommend thicker sod staples, such as 6" x 2" x 6" 9-gauge staples.
- Tools required for landscape staples installation:
- Rubber Mallet
Comparison with Competition
- UV Protection: added to fabric
- Made from 100% virgin resin: provides additional strength compared with recycled resin
- Laboratory tested: to meet ASTM tests
- Pre-shipment inspection: fabric inspected for irregularities and breakages before shipment
Results on ASTM Test
Every batch of fabric is lab tested to ensure consistency and quality throughout the fabric roll.
- UV Protection: ASTM D4355 - at least 80% strength after 500 hours
- Tensile Strength: ASTDM D4632 - 135 lbs
- Meets Class 2 & Class 3 requirements for Woven Geotextiles
How this staples/fabric calculator works
Far more staples are required in soft soil than hard soil to properly anchor the landscape fabric in place.
To be precise, in soft soil, install one staple every 1 foot. In normal soil, install one staple every 3 feet. In hard soil, install one staple every 5 feet.
The calculator assumes that landscape fabric is being used to cover every square foot of the plot of land.
When rolling out landscape fabric, it's ideal to overlap the edges of the landscape fabric about 12%, so that weeds cannot grow in between the edges of the fabric.
Landscape fabric should not be stretched straight over a dip in the ground.
Rather, the fabric should be touching the ground at all times and should adjust to the contours of the land, such as bumps, dips, and hills.
This allows you to walk on the installed landscape fabric without worrying about damaging it.
Used as A Tarp Under Mulch and Dirt
Use our woven landscape fabric under mulch to prevent weed growth! You can also cover it with dirt, soil, wood chips, and even gravel.
Control Weeds By Placing Over Your Soil
Check out how a Michigan farmer used our fabric in his garden for weed control by placing it over the soil. Our 18" Landscaping Fabric is great for blocking weeds, while still allowing water to get through to your plants.
The Perfect Weed Barrier For Farming
Looking for a commercial landscape fabric? This fabric is the perfect match of price and quality, protecting your garden from weeds. See just how this Oregon Farm used our weed blocking fabric, allowing her plants and produce to flourish.
Is geotextile fabric the same as landscape fabric?
Typically yes. Geotextile simply means strong synthetic fabric which landscape fabrics are. However, some projects require special geotextile fabric with unique specifications such as a specific tensile strength. If you are not sure, simply email us and we can help.
What can you use instead of landscape fabric?
There are no alternatives. If you are looking for a product to stop weeds or create a separation layer, landscape fabric is your only option.
Can I just put landscape fabric over weeds?
Yes, you can place landscape fabric over existing weeds or on top of weeds
How wide can you buy landscape fabric?
Sandbaggy sells landscape fabric as wide as 17.5 ft.
What size is landscape fabric?
Sandbaggy sells landscape fabric rolls from 3 ft wide up to 17.5 ft wide. Depending on the size of the landscaping area, some choose smaller rolls while others choose wider rolls. This is more just personal preference. A 3 ft wide landscape fabric roll will block weeds just as well as a 10 ft wide landscape fabric.
Here are all the different widths we sell for the Woven Fabric: 3 ft, 4 ft, 6 ft, 10 ft, 12.5 ft, 15 ft and 17.5 ft
What is the difference between the types of rolls you sell?
Orange landscape fabric
|Material||Jute||Coconut fiber||Polypropylene woven fabric||Burlap|
|Length||225 ft||165 ft||300, 500 ft||100, 300, 500 ft||300 ft|
|Width||4 ft||4 ft||3 ft||3 ft||3.33 or 6 ft|
|Coverage||900 sq. ft||1,070 sq. ft||900 or 1,500 sq. ft||300 - 1,500 sq. ft||1,000 or 1,800 sq. ft|
|Price/sqft (1,000 sq. ft)||$0.17||$0.30||$0.08||$0.09||$0.15|
Beach / shoreline erosion
Table / aisle runner
Tree / shrub protection
|Life||1-2 years||2-5 years||
12 months - 40 yrs (depending on Sun exposure)
||12 months - 40 yrs (depending on Sun exposure)||N/A|
|Anchored using||6-inch sod staples||N/A|
Our sandbags, burlap bags, and landscape staples are trusted by
We Also Recommend
Sandbags For Flooding - Size: 14-inch x 26-inch - Empty Woven Polypropylene
6-inch 9-GAUGE Steel Square Top Landscape Staples - Heavy Duty Landscape Fabric Pins
3 ft Landscape Fabric | 40 Year Fabric | For Weed Barrier, Ground Cover, Garden | Heavy Duty Commercial Grade Fabric | 135 Lbs of Tensile Strength | Approved by DOT | 3 ft Wide
Empty Polypropylene Sandbags - Size: 18-inch x 30-inch, White (UV Resistant)