Sodium Polyacrylate Crystals - Superabsorbent Polymers- Made in the USA
Make Fake Snow, Ice Packs, & More!
Able absorb up to 100x their weight in water! Whether you need to make DIY ice bags, fake snow for your next science experiment, or need an absorbent gel for your business, choose Sandbaggy Sodium Polyacrylate Crystals. These superabsorbent polymers are non-toxic to both humans and pets, and it’s made right here in the USA. Order our sodium polyacrylate in bulk as low as $3.62 per pound.
This is the same absorbent material in our Water Activated Sandbags!
- Material: Powder (Crystals)
- Country of Origin: USA
- 0.5 lbs - 8 oz
- 0.94 lbs - 15 oz
- 5 lb - 80 oz
- 10 lb - 160 oz
- 20 lb - 320 oz
- 45 lb - 720 oz
- 90 lb - 1440 oz
- 180 lb - 2880 oz
- 360 lb - 5760 oz
- 1000 lb - 16,000 oz
- 2200 lb - 35,200 oz
- 4400 lb - 70,400 oz
- Uses: All Purpose
- Super Absorbent: Our Sodium Polyacrylate Crystals are super absorbent polymers holding 100x their weight in water. Ideal for use in various applications such as baby diapers, pet litter, gardening, and more!
- Safe and Non-Toxic: These crystals are safe and non-toxic for both humans and pets when used as intended and can be used in a variety of skincare products. However, do not ingest large amounts of this product, which can cause issues.
- Long Shelf Life: Can be stored for extended periods without losing its effectiveness. Just make sure to store in an airtight container to prevent exposure to moisture which causes the crystals to clump. Clumping reduces the effectiveness of the crystals.
- Eco-Friendly: Sodium Polyacrylate is a biodegradable material, making it an environmentally friendly choice. You can even reuse it in certain situations, though when reused it does lose some of its effectiveness.
- Cost-Effective: A more economical alternative to traditional absorbent materials such as cotton, paper, or wood pulp. Sodium Polyacrylate requires less material to achieve the same level of absorption. It’s more lightweight and easier to transport, which can further reduce shipping costs.
- fake snow
- ice packs
- absorb liquid spills
- Baby diapers
- Medical applications: wound dressings, hemostatic agent
- Water treatment
- Personal care products: toothpaste, shampoo, and shaving cream
- Food industry: food thickener, stabilizer, and emulsifier.
- Agriculture - soil conditioner and water retention agent
- Oil and gas industry
Helps Clean Up Dust
Trevor used our Sodium Polyacrylate Crystals as part of the R&D process at his aerospace company to help clean up carbon fiber dust in a water bath!
Is sodium polyacrylate toxic to humans?
No, Sodium Polyacrylate is considered safe and non-toxic to humans when used as intended (don’t inhale or ingest large amounts). Avoid inhalation or ingestion of large amounts of the material, which can lead to irritation, respiratory distress, or digestive discomfort.
Is sodium polyacrylate safe for skin and skincare products?
Sodium Polyacrylate is generally safe for use in skincare products, so long as you are not sensitive or allergic to the material. Sodium Polyacrylate is commonly used in the production of products like moisturizers, anti-aging creams, sunscreens, and clay masks.
Is sodium polyacrylate harmful to the environment?
Yes, Sodium Polyacrylate is generally considered safe for the environment, since it is both a non-toxic and biodegradable material. However, to avoid any environmental complications please make sure to dispose of Sodium Polyacrylate responsibly and avoid releasing it into waterways or the environment in large quantities, since it can absorb large amounts of water and potentially harm aquatic life. The simplest way to dispose of the material is to put it in a sealed plastic bag or container and dispose of it in your regular trash bin.
What happens when you mix sodium polyacrylate and water?
When you mix Sodium Polyacrylate and water the result is a gel-like substance that can absorb many times its own weight in water.
How to make fake snow with sodium polyacrylate?
Make fake snow using Sodium Polyacrylate and water in just 2 steps!
- mix the material with water in a 1:50 ratio (one part Sodium Polyacrylate to fifty parts water)
- stir until it forms a gel-like substance.
We Also Recommend
Sisal Rope - 1/4 Inch x 500 Feet [100% Cat Friendly]
Cotton Cleaning Rags Bale (100% Recycled Cotton)
Studded Steel T-Post - Made of Tough Rail Steel - Green, 5 ft or 6 ft (Southern California Delivery)
Storm Drain Filter Inserts | Witches Hat Drain Guard For Stormwater | Made in USA