Landscape Fabric (2,000 UV hours) - 3 ft wide - Orange
Black fabric can increase soil temperatures by up to 5 degrees F, which could kill plants in high heat areas such as Central California and Florida.
Sandbaggy orange fabric reflects sun rays and reduces soil temperatures. Sandbaggy fabric is manufactured with tough woven polypropylene and meets or exceeds DOT standards. Our fabric has at least 135 lbs of tensile strength and a minimum of 2,000 hours of UV inhibitor.
- Width: 3 feet
- Length: 100 feet, 300 feet, or 500 feet
- Thickness: 3 to 3.2 oz
- Material: polypropylene woven fabric
- The same durable, strong fabric that sandbags for flooding are made of
- Thoroughly lab tested to ensure consistency and quality
- UV Protection (ASTM D4355): 80%+ strength after 500 hours
- Tensile Strength (ASTDM D4632): 135 lbs
- Reflects heat instead of absorbing it
- Research at Penn State showed that black fabric increased the soil temperature by up to 5°F which could kill plants in high heat areas such as Central California or Florida. Choose Orange instead!
- Great for use as a weed barrier in a vegetable garden to control weeds
- Helps prevent soil erosion when it rains
- Works great under mulch, in a greenhouse, or outdoors
- This geotextile fabric is permeable, allowing water to go through
- Heat sealed edges prevent the fabric from fraying
- Great for installing silt fence
This orange color landscape fabric will help you get your landscaping job done, with a choice of lengths from 100 to 500 feet.
1. Don't believe competitors' long life spans
Competitors will advertise that their landscape fabric lasts several years or longer. Usually, these numbers are unsubstantiated and misleading.
Depending on which part of the country you're in, the environment can be completely different, with large variations in weather and climate.
The fabric's lifespan will differ materially depending on the temperature. How is it possible that fabric can last 20 years in the outdoors?
2. Fabric can never stop all weeds
Other competitors claim that no weeds can grow through their 'heavy duty' weed barrier fabric. This is false advertising.
No matter how thick the weed barrier fabric is, certain weeds are still strong enough to break through the fabric. Our recommendation is to use herbicides to kill the weeds or pull them out by hand when they grow through.
3. Comparison chart of Sandbaggy's ground cover and competitors'
Sandbaggy's ground cover has built-in UV protection, is made from 100% virgin resin to provide additional strength, is laboratory tested to meet ASTM test methods, and has undergone pre-shipment inspection for irregularities.
When installing this landscape fabric, use a rubber mallet and gloves. Install staples 2-4 feet apart for secure fabric installation. Softer soils will require additional staples.
What is the difference between the types of rolls you sell?
Orange landscape fabric
|Material||Jute||Coconut fiber||Polypropylene woven fabric||Burlap|
|Length||225 ft||165 ft||300, 500 ft||100, 300, 500 ft||300 ft|
|Width||4 ft||4 ft||3 ft||3 ft||3.33 or 6 ft|
|Coverage||900 sq. ft||1,070 sq. ft||900 or 1,500 sq. ft||300 - 1,500 sq. ft||1,000 or 1,800 sq. ft|
|Price/sqft (1,000 sq. ft)||$0.17||$0.30||$0.08||$0.09||$0.15|
Beach / shoreline erosion
Table / aisle runner
Tree / shrub protection
|Life||1-2 years||2-5 years||9-12 months||9-12 months||N/A|
|Anchored using||6-inch sod staples||N/A|
We Also Recommend
Jute Netting Roll - Erosion Control Matting
Coir Mat - Biodegradable Erosion Control Matting - Lasts 2-5 years
Landscape Fabric (2,000 UV hours) - 3 ft wide
Landscape Fabric (2,000 UV hours) - 6 ft wide