Jute Netting Erosion Control Mesh Blanket (4' x 225' Roll)
Sandbaggy's jute erosion control netting is an eco-friendly soil stabilizer designed to control erosion, runoff and to support plants as they take root.
Unlike traditional straw net blankets which include plastic, Sandbaggy's jute netting is made from 100% biodegradable plant fibers, this provides you with a natural, practical, and earth-friendly solution to your erosion control needs.
- Prepare the area, making sure to clear large clods and stones. Preparations such as fertilizer, mulch, or loose seeds should be added before netting is applied.
- Dig a 6" x 6" trench across the top of the slope.
- Apply jute netting downhill or in the direction of water flow, leaving at least 12 inches above the trench.
- Use 6-inch landscape staples to secure the netting to the bottom of the trench about 1 foot apart.
- Once staples are installed in the trench, backfill the soil and compact using a hand compactor or tamper.
- Use the 12-inch section of netting above the trench to cover the freshly compacted area.
- Staple every 12 inches, making sure to drive the staples flush with the soil. Apply staples every 18 to 24 inches throughout the netting to minimize shifting.
- Overlap edges of each additional section 4-8 inches before securing with staples.
- Size: 4 feet wide x 225 feet long
- Roll Size: Each roll is 48 inches wide x 225 ft long
- Each jute roll can cover approximately 900 sq ft
- Material: 100% natural, biodegradable jute
- Comparable to jute sold at Home Depot, Lowes, Walmart, and other irrigation supply stores
Biodegradable: Unlike traditional straw blankets that are made with plastic netting, Sandbaggy's jute netting rolls are 100% biodegradable, which reduces damage to the environment
- Installed to prevent slope erosion on slopes up to 2:1 (26.6-degree angle)
Perfect for keeping sandy soil in place
- Holds soil down to prevent runoff when it rains
- Keeps soil intact for seeds to sprout when rain comes
Life expectancy: 1-2 yrs or longer depending on the site conditions
- Great for erosion control or new seeding
- Secured to the ground using landscape staples
- 1 roll of jute netting requires 250 sod staples
- 30-day return policy
- Free shipping: arrives in 4 business days (2 rolls or fewer), anywhere in continental USA
- Shipments of 3 jute rolls or more will take 1-2 weeks (pallet shipment)
- Prepare the soil by grading or raking the area free of clods and large stones
- A Bobcat or tractor may be needed for large jobs
- Do not compact
- If using fertilizer, add it to the soil before grading
- Seeds and mulch (if required) should be distributed evenly over the prepared soil
- Jute Netting should be applied by unrolling down the slope or in the direction of water-flow
- Dig a trench across the top of the slope
- This trench should be 6 inches by 6 inches
- Install the jute netting in the trench
- Place at least 12 inches of the roll above the trench (further up the slope)
- Space each staple about a foot apart inside the trench
- Once staples are installed inside the trench, backfill and compact dirt inside the trench
- Bring the extra 12 inches of the jute roll (on step 5) and cover the trench area
- Use additional staples (1 foot apart) secure
- Place staples 18" to 24" apart throughout to secure matting to ground
- All staples must be driven flush with soil surface
- Always overlap the edges 2" to 6"
- At the end of each roll, fold back 4" to 9" of the matting
- Overlap this 4" to 8" over the start of the next roll
- Securely staple the two layers to the ground
Jute netting erosion control rolls are an eco-friendly soil stabilizer.
Made from natural plant fibers, the properties of jute netting make it the most natural, affordable, and practical means to keep soil in place and prevent run-off on slopes.
Fully biodegradable jute netting rolls are an ideal method to stop erosion and keep soil in place until plant have established roots in the soil.
Jute netting provides great coverage for all terrains, especially slopes, and satisfies DOT guidelines and specifications.
From controlling erosion to stabilizing slopes, jute mesh blankets will get the job done.
Grown from jute plants, jute netting is 100% biodegradable, providing an environmentally friendly method of erosion control.
- Erosion control: protecting landfill slopes, embankments, drainage ditches
- Stabilizing sand dunes, sod, river/stream banks, channels, shorelines
- Environmental protection: hydroseeding, reclaiming wetland areas, landscaping, wasteland restoration, re-vegetation
Other names for Jute Netting: Erosion Control Matting, Erosion Control Blanket, and Erosion Blanket
We Also Recommend
6-inch Square Top Landscape Sod Staples Fabric Stakes (MOST POPULAR)
6-inch Round Top Landscape Garden Sod Staples Stakes Pins
9-inch Square Top Heavy Duty Landscape Staples Bulk - Garden Anchor Pins
6" Long x 2" Wide EXTRA WIDE Square Top Landscape Garden Sod Staples Stakes Pins