6-inch Galvanized Landsacpe Edging Spikes - Spiral Landscape Nails - 7 Gauge Steel
Install Plastic or Metal Garden Edging Even In Hard Rocky Soils!
Secure your plastic or metal garden edging with Sandbaggy Landscape Edging Spikes! Made of an extremely thick 7 gauge steel, these heavy duty landscape spikes won’t bend or break when you hammer them into the ground, even in hard rocky soils.
They’re also weather resistant. Each landscape spike is hot-dipped galvanized for double the rust protection, making them safe to use and reuse in your gardens and yards for years to come. And their spiral design firmly anchors each spike into the ground, preventing any shifting or loosening of your garden edging. Order today, as low as $0.07 each!
- Length: 6 inches
- Diameter (thickness)
- Head: 3/8 inch
- Shaft: 3/16 inch
- Weight: 0.6 oz (0.0375 lbs) each
- Material: Steel
- Coating: Hot Dipped Galvanized
- Gauge: 7 Gauge
- Color: Metal / Silver
- Type: Spiral Nail
- Install Into Hard Rocky Soil With No Problem! Constructed with an extremely thick 7 gauge steel, these landscape edging stakes won’t bend or break when hammering them into hard rocky soils.
- Easier To Use Than Larger Alternatives: The narrow design and sharp end makes these easier to penetrate into the ground than wider options. Just use a rubber mallet.
- Way Stronger Than Plastic Stakes: Plastic Stakes can be flimsy, brittle, and more prone to breaking when they hit a rock or root during installation.
- Hot Dipped Galvanized For 2x Better Rust Protection! More durable than other metal alternatives, Sandbaggy uses a hot dipped galvanized process to make our spikes rust resistant. This provides 2x the rust protection when compared to a commonly used electro galvanized process. Our spikes are built to withstand the elements and retain their integrity even in challenging weather conditions.
- Spiral Design Firmly Anchors Your Plastic Or Metal Garden Edging! Spiral landscape spikes provide better friction and stability compared with traditional smooth spikes. This minimizes the risk of the spikes coming loose over time helping your garden or lawn edging remain securely in place.
- Safe & Easy To Use: The smooth finish and secure installation ensure no sharp edges are left exposed, and unlike larger stakes, these are less likely to be a tripping hazard.
- Other Applications: installing paver edging, artificial turf, securing landscape fabrics.
What are landscape spikes?
Landscape spikes, also known as yard spikes, garden spikes or landscaping spikes, are sturdy metal or plastic pegs used to secure various landscaping elements to the ground. They are commonly used to anchor garden or lawn edging, paver borders, weed barriers, and other similar materials to prevent them from shifting or moving due to weather, foot traffic, or other external factors.
What's the difference between landscape edging spikes and edging stakes?
Both landscape edging spikes and edging stakes are both a type of landscape anchoring stakes, serving a similar purpose, thus the terms may be used interchangeably. Typically, edging spikes are thinner and look more like nails, while edging stakes are wider with a triangular shaped head.
How do you anchor garden edging?
To anchor garden edging, follow these general steps:
- Prepare the Area: Clear the area where you plan to install the edging. Make sure the ground is level and free from debris.
- Position the Edging: Place the garden edging along the desired pathway or border. If the edging comes in sections, connect them securely according to the manufacturer's instructions.
- Drive the Spikes or Stakes: Depending on the type of edging and the material it's made of, use landscape spikes or edging stakes to anchor the edging to the ground. Insert the spikes or stakes into the provided holes or slots on the edging and then drive them into the ground using a mallet or hammer.
- Spacing: Space the spikes or stakes evenly along the length of the edging to ensure it remains secure and doesn't buckle or shift.
- Check for Stability: After installing the spikes or stakes, give the edging a gentle tug to make sure it's securely anchored. Make any necessary adjustments if you notice any areas that are not adequately secured.
- Backfill and Finish: Once the edging is securely anchored, backfill the area on both sides of the edging with soil or mulch. This will help provide additional stability and a finished appearance to your landscape project.
Remember to follow the manufacturer's instructions for the specific edging product you're using, as different materials and designs may have unique installation requirements.
We Also Recommend
4-inch Landscape Sod Staples - 11 Gauge Galvanized Steel
5-inch Drip Tubing Stakes - Perfect for Holding Down Drip Irrigation - 1/4-inch Tubing - 11 Gauge or 14 Gauge
6-inch Standard Landscape Fabric Garden Staples (Trusted by Farmers and Contractors Across USA) - 11 Gauge
6-inch Round Top Landscape Garden Sod Staples (For PVC Pipes & Drip Tubing) - 11 Gauge