8" Concrete Spreader Cleats - Sizes for ¾" or 1⅛" Plywood - Form Clips
due to popular demand this product is out of stock till 12/25. Order placed now will be shipped late December.
Safe and Successful Concrete Pours For Your Concrete Formwork
Our 8" concrete spreader cleats (also known as concrete form clips) are an essential item for any concrete-related project. Used when forming a 8" wide wall, they are excellent for low wall conditions. These spreader cleats help guarantee structural integrity to the formwork during a concrete pour, eliminating potential bulges or collapses and ensuring accurate spacing between panels.
These concrete cleats are constructed to handle the weight of concrete and are easy to install by attaching to the exterior of formwork panels with nails or screws. To support taller forms, we suggest adding more cleats for added stability. Available in 2 sizes to fit both 3/4" and 1-1/8" plywood. Order today as low as $0.85 each.
Sandbaggy carries a variety of concrete forming supplies.
- Wall Thickness: 8 inches
- 1⅛" x 9 ⅞" (for ¾" plywood)
- 11⅛" x 10 ⅞" (for 1⅛" plywood)
- Material: Black Annealed Steel
- Thickness: 3 mm
- Reusable: Yes
- 7 oz (for ¾" plywood)
- 7.5 oz (for 1⅛" plywood)
Maintains Consistent 8 inch Wall Thickness - Fastens the top and bottom of the formwork, preventing bulging or collapse during concrete pouring.
- Allows for precise spacing between form boards when constructing wall forms, ensuring uniform wall thickness when pouring concrete.
- Easy to Install & Remove - Just attach to our form clips to your concrete formwork with a few nails to you concrete footing and plywood, when you're finished remove them with a hammer and/or pry bar.
- Reusable: Great for multiple concrete applications, these concrete cleats help reduce material costs. After pouring, the cleats can either remain in place or be got rid of without affecting poured concrete's quality.
- Used in a variety of concrete construction applications, including foundation walls, retaining walls, columns and beams, slabs, & MORE!
Heavy Duty Steel Construction - made from black annealed steel. The heavy-duty steel construction makes these clips highly reliable and durable, perfect for commercial and industrial use.
- Available for use with 3/4″ and 1-1/8″ plywood form boards
What is a concrete spreader cleat?
A concrete spreader cleat is a device used in formwork construction. It ensures the formwork is aligned and spaced properly. The cleat is typically made from metal or plastic and comes in a range of sizes and designs. Fastened with screws or nails to the formwork, the cleat helps secure it and resist spreading.
What are spreader cleats used for?
Spreader cleats are used for a variety of purposes in concrete construction, including
- Spreader cleats guarantee a uniform thickness and consistent spacing of concrete, key for structural and visual integrity.
- Spreader cleats reduce the likelihood of formwork bulging or caving under heavy, wet concrete pours, particularly with large volumes.
- Providing secure formwork: Spreader cleats facilitate installation and removal of formwork, promoting alignment and maintaining the correct space between panels.
Where are the concrete spreaders installed on a form?
Concrete spreaders should be fitted to the inner side of formwork. These cleats are attached to the formwork using either screws or nails, ensuring they are level and plumb for concrete pouring with consistent thickness/spacing.
What Is The Spacing Between Concrete Cleats?
For panels up to 24" in height, cleats should be placed a maximum of 32" apart center to center spacing. On panels with heights between 24" and 32", they should be set no more than 24" apart center to center.
Can These Be Nailed Into Concrete Footing?
Yes it is a common practice to nail concrete spreader cleats into concrete footing. Make sure to use sharp nails and that they are long enough to both penetrate the cleats and footing. Make sure you don't overtighten the nails, as it can damage the footing or cleats.
We Also Recommend
Galvanized Steel Snap Tie Wedges for Concrete (2 ⅜" x 6 ⅛")
Burlap Concrete Curing Blankets - Curelap - Burlene - 10 ft Width
18" & 36" Round Steel Concrete Form Stakes with Nail Holes
Concrete Turnbuckle Form Aligner with 5" x 3" Bent Plate - Adjustable Wall Brace