8" Standard Snap Ties For Concrete Forms - 1" Plastic Cones - Short & Long End
Get Strong and Durable Concrete Walls
Sandbaggy concrete snap ties for 8" walls are ideal for a variety of concrete forming projects. Featuring a 2,250 lbs. working load with a 2-to-1 safety factor, these ties come in both a short-end and a long-end size to suit a variety of forming systems, providing maximum dependability and stability.
- short end: 4¾" End
- long end: 8¼" End
Safe and easy to use, our 8" snap ties feature 1" plastic cones, making them resistant to rust stains and providing a nominal 1" break-back. An excellent option for both experienced contractors, construction, and DIYers. They provide a durable and cost-effective solution, are simple to use, and compatible with our Snap Tie Wedges. Jahn A Brackets, and Jahn C Brackets. Order our construction grade snap ties as low as $0.70 each!
Sandbaggy carries a variety of concrete forming supplies.
- tie: steel
- cone: plastic
- Thickness: 5.7 mm
- Gauge: 4
- short end: 8" Wall x 4¾" End
- long end: 8" Wall x 8¼" End
- short end: 3.6 oz (0.23 lbs.)
- long end: 4.9 oz (0.31 lbs.)
- Head construction: Integral
- Working Load: 2,250 lbs.
- Safety Factor: 2:1
- Break-back: nominal 1"
- Strong & Durable Integral Heads: boast greater strength and longevity than welded heads, making these construction grade snap ties an optimal choice for any heavy-duty project.
- Construction Grade! Made from thick 4 gauge steel, strong and durable enough to withstand the rigors of construction projects.
- Easy To Remove 1" Plastic Cone Heads: The plastic cone heads make for effortless extraction without causing any harm to the concrete surface. Additionally, they don't leave any unsightly rust marks when removed.
- Safe and Reliable: Capable of withstanding a working load of 2,250 lbs and boasting a 2:1 safety factor, these snap ties are ideal for heavy concrete pours.
- 2 Sizes Available for 8-inch Walls: Short end (4¾") and long end (8¼").
- Compatible With Sandbaggy Concrete Accessories: Our 8" Standard Snap Ties are compatible with Snap Tie Wedges, Jahn A Brackets, and Jahn C Brackets. This versatility allows for a customized solution for your concrete forming requirements.
What is a snap tie in construction?
Snap ties are an essential component in formwork for concrete, connecting two distinct surfaces. Made of either plastic or steel, these ties feature a cone-shaped head at one end and a threaded rod on the other. The Jahn A bracket then holds the snap tie in place and also supports the wale or stud.
How do snap ties work?
Snap ties are installed by threading them through form holes, then secured by tightening with a snap tie wedge. This spreads the plastic cones out, locking the forms in place. Once concrete cures, the wedges are removed and cones broken off, freeing the ties from the concrete.
How strong is a snap tie?
Most snap ties have a minimum working load of 2,000 lbs, capable of withstanding the pressure of up to 2,000 lbs of concrete.
How do you seal snap ties?
Snap ties can be sealed with silicone caulk, hydraulic cement, or similar materials for better protection against water seepage into concrete.
How much pressure can a snap tie hold?
Snap ties can withstand 2,000 lbs of concrete pressure, depending on size and material.
What is the difference between short end and long end snap ties?
Short end snap ties have shorter threads on the end of the ties, while long end snap ties have longer threads. The length required at the end of the snap ties will depend on your forming system type.
We Also Recommend
Galvanized Steel Snap Tie Wedges for Concrete (2 ⅜" x 6 ⅛")
Burlap Concrete Curing Blankets - Curelap - Burlene - 10 ft Width
18" & 36" Round Steel Concrete Form Stakes with Nail Holes
Concrete Turnbuckle Form Aligner with 5" x 3" Bent Plate - Adjustable Wall Brace