Turtle & Tortoise Fence - Galvanized Welded Wire Mesh Fencing (3 ft by 100 feet)
Protect Turtles & Tortoises During Construction With Wildlife Fencing
This product can be used to install a Desert Tortoise Fence, Sandbaggy fencing meets many requirements and guidelines set by the DOT and Bureau of Land Management.
Please note: specific regulations and requirements may vary by location, please consult with local wildlife agencies or the Bureau of Land Management first.
- Fence Types:
- Temporary Fencing
- Removable Fencing
- Semi-Permanent & Permanent
- Wildlife Exclusion
- Product Height: 3 ft (36")
Roll Length: 100 ft long
- Weight: 75 lbs
- Material: galvanized 14 gauge wire (Rust Resistant)
Mesh Size: 1" x 2
- Tortoise Fence For Construction Sites: Sandbaggy's Tortoise Fence is built to keep tortoises within an enclosed area. This temporary fencing is supported by T-Posts, Tortoise Fencing is required for many construction sites as tortoises are an endangered species.
Wildlife Exclusion Fencing For Roads: Prevent turtles and tortoises from crossing and accessing roads, which further puts their lives at risk
Tough 14 gauge wire: Made to be a tough 14 gauge wire, Sandbaggy's Tortoise Fence is built to last. Welded with a 1 inch by 2 inch wide opening, Sandbaggy's Tortoise Fence exceeds most Department of Transportation requirements for a tortoise fence
- Galvanized after weld (Rust Resistant): Steel wire is galvanized to prevent rust from forming and increases the longevity of the fence. We take it a step further. We galvanize the welding around the joints of the wire to further extend the life of the wire.
Got a job that has endangered tortoises or turtles? Look no further. Sandbaggy's Tortoise Fencing will get the job done! Manufactured to exceed DOT requirements for tortoise fence mesh, you can rest assured that this fence will be approved by your inspector.
Can a desert tortoise dig under a fence?
Yes, desert tortoises can dig under a fence. It's important to install your fence at least 6" into the ground, some sites may require 12".
Why is desert tortoise fencing necessary during construction?
Desert tortoise fencing is a necessary legal requirement during construction in certain areas. Its purpose is to protect the endangered tortoises and their habitats from the impacts of construction activities. It’s also used along highways and roads and in solar fields.
What type of fencing is recommended for desert tortoise exclusion?
Guidelines for desert tortoise exclusion fences will vary depending on location, some general guidelines are:
- heavy-gauge, non-rusting metal mesh, such as welded wire mesh or chain-link fencing.
- the fence should be a minimum of 2 feet high and buried at least 6 inches into the ground to prevent tortoises from burrowing underneath.
We Also Recommend
Snow Fence - Orange Safety Fence - 4 feet wide x 100 feet long - 150 lbs Tensile Strength
Wire Back Silt Fence (100% DOT compliant)
Sandbaggy T-Posts Wire Clips | Galvanized Rust Resistant Steel Fence Clips | Installs in Seconds
Studded Steel T-Post - Made of Tough Rail Steel - Green, 5 ft or 6 ft (Southern California Delivery)