Corrugated Brick Wall Tie - 22 Gauge Hot Dipped Galvanized Steel - Size: 7/8" x 6-9/16"
Due to high demand, this product is out of stock. Will be re-stocking end of April. All orders will ship right when product is restocked.
Anchor Your Brick to Wood
Anchor your Masonry Veneer (brick) to wood with Sandbaggy Corrugated Brick Wall Ties! Made of tough 22 gauge steel, this product meets or exceeds the specs of the big boys such as Simpson Strong Tie! These are hot dipped galvanized steel wall ties, meaning they won't rust.
- Size: 7/8" x 6-9/16" (0.875" x 6.56")
- Weight: 0.6 oz per piece
- Material: Rust-resistant Steel
- 22 Gauge
- Hot Dipped Galvanized
- Anchors Masonry Veneer To Wood - These masonry wall ties firmly anchor your brick to wood providing the extra stability and support you need!
- Hot Dipped Galvanized Steel - Won't rust! Our corrugated wall ties go through a hot dip galvanization process, meaning they are coated with a layer of zinc to prevent rust and corrosion.
- Wall Cavity Airspace of 1" - Corrugated wall ties can only be used when there is a 1-inch air space and only used with wood stud backups. This is the wall cavity between the masonry and the adjacent wood structure.
- 22 Gauge Steel - Just like Sandbaggy’s other products, these brick wall ties are built tough! They are made from heavy duty 22-gauge steel to ensure they'll last.
- Residential Construction - Recommended for use in residential construction and home projects.
- Buy in Bulk & Save Big - Don't buy expensive Simpson Strong Tie Wall Ties that cost an arm and a leg! Buy Sandbaggy instead! Save up to 60% by choosing Sandbaggy instead
Home Depot Wall Brick Ties vs Sandbaggy Wall Brick Ties
Sandbaggy Wall Brick Ties meet or exceed the specification of Home Depot Wall Brick Ties, but are up to 75% less in cost
What are brick wall ties?
Brick Wall Ties are pieces of metal used in buildings with cavity walls. The ties give stability to brick (masonry) walls by anchoring them to the adjacent wall, which is usually made from wood or concrete. Corrugated wall ties can only be used with wood stud backups.
What are corrugated ties used for?
Corrugated Ties are exclusively used for attaching brick wall to wood stud (frame) backups. Only use corrugated ties when there is exactly 1" wall cavity airspace. They are usually used for residential construction and home projects.
How often do you put wall ties on brick wall?
To determine how often you need to put wall ties on brick, please follow code guidelines as there are different factors that will determine the number of ties needed. Here are a few good rules of thumb below:
- Most codes require that ties be spaced out so they support no more than 2.67 square feet of masonry.
- You must also have your ties spaced out no more than 24" vertically and no greater than 32 inches horizontally.
How do brick wall ties work?
Brick wall ties work by connecting brick-and-mortar construction to another load-bearing structure. When force is applied to the brick, it is transferred and dispersed to the second structure (usually wood or concrete), helping to reinforce the brick wall.
How do you attach brick ties to a wall?
To attach brick ties to your wood frame, the ties must be nailed into the studs. With corrugated wall ties, nail them into the wood structure using the hole that is closes to the bend.
When laying your corrugated ties into your brick, make sure the corrugated tie is placed at least halfway through the brick, but must also not be fewer than 5/8 inch from the face of the brick wall. This is to prevent the visible part of the brick wall from staining when the galvanization of the wall tie eventually breaks down.
It's common to use an 8 D common nail that's 2.5 inches in length and between 1/4 and 5/16mm in head size (please see code guidelines before proceeding).
Our sandbags, burlap bags, and landscape staples are trusted by
We Also Recommend
Sisal Rope - 1/4 Inch x 500 Feet [100% Cat Friendly]
Cotton Cleaning Rags Bale (100% Recycled Cotton)
Studded Steel T-Post - Made of Tough Rail Steel - Green, 5 ft or 6 ft
Oil & Sediment Guard | Made in USA | Witches Hat | Catch Basin / Storm Drain Filter