Figure out the number of 14" x 26" polypropylene sandbags you need by inputting the length and height of the sandbag wall you'd like to build.
We recommend checking with your local weather station to find out the estimated amount of flooding in your area.
Using the sandbag calculator
- "Length of sandbag wall (in feet)": Input the length of the wall.
- "Height of sandbag wall (in feet)": Input the estimated height of the sandbags wall. We recommend 4 feet.
- Click "Calculate number of sandbags" to find out the number of 14" x 26" polypropylene sandbags you need
How big is a standard sandbag?
- The most popular sizes of sandbag are 14 inches x 26 inches (36 cm x 66 cm) and 18 inches x 30 inches (46 cm x 76 cm).
- When filled with sand, these two types of sandbags can be used like bricks in building an interlocking sandbags wall.
How much do sandbags hold?
- A standard 14" x 26" sandbag or 18" x 30" sandbag can hold up to 50 pounds of sand, but we recommend filling the bag to 35-40 pounds of sand.
- An overfilled sandbag (60-75 pounds) will leave gaps which will allow water to seep through.
How much sand does it take to fill a sandbag?
- A sandbag should be filled 1/2 to 2/3 full with 35-40 pounds of sand.
- 30 sandbags would be about 1,000 pounds and would be the maximum legal limit for a standard pickup truck.
Do sandbags actually work?
- Polypropylene sandbags are effective at stopping water because of the sand contained within the bag.
- Sandbags protect buildings from flooding by diverting flood water around them.
- Along with sandbags, it is best to use plastic tarp sheets as well when building sandbag walls to create a better water-tight seal.
Buy 14" x 26" polypropylene sandbags
14" x 26" (most popular)