36" Square Steel Concrete Form Stakes with Nail Holes - 5/8" Wide
Hold Down Your Concrete Formwork With Stakes That Don't Bend
Stabilize and support your concrete formwork with Sandbaggy Square Concrete Form Stakes with nail holes (also used as nail stakes and curb stakes)! We make our stakes heavy duty, built to last and withstand the toughest of applications. Each stake has a square design, and solid steel construction, all to help ensure they won’t bend during installation. Plus they have a rust resistant coating allowing them to last longer in harsher environments.
These square concrete stakes with holes are super easy to use and set up. With sharp-pointed ends, they are able to penetrate harder rockier soils. Order these in bulk for your next concrete project, as low as $8.30 each. Learn more below.
- Height: 36 inch (3 ft)
- Width: 5/8 inch
- Material: Steel
- Finish: Powder Coated Black Annealed (Rust Resistant)
- Weight: 3.95 lbs
Type: Square Stakes
- Nail Holes: 21
- diameter: 3/16 inch
- spacing: each hole separated by 1-1/4 inch
- Perfect For a Wide Range of Concrete Flatwork Projects, including slabs, footings, driveways, sidewalks, curbs, and braces, ensuring versatility and reliable performance.
Easy Installation: The sharp pointed end on these stakes facilitates easy driving into the ground or formwork, especially in hard clay or compacted soil conditions.
- Rust Resistant Coating: Made from powder-coated black annealed steel to ensure the form stakes maintain their structural integrity and longevity even in harsh weather conditions, reducing the need for frequent replacements.
Solid Steel Design (Not Hollow): These steel concrete stakes are made of solid steel! They won’t bend or break during installation and are strong enough for heavy-duty construction projects that demand reliable support.
- Multiple Pre Drilled Nail Holes (3/16 inch) to accommodate various types of fasteners such as nails, screws, or bolts. Each hole is spaced apart by 1¼" inches (1.25") for versatile customization and reinforcement options.
- Removable / Reusable
- Other Applications: Also commonly known as square nail stakes and curb stakes, Sandbaggy square concrete form stakes can be used for a variety of purposes, including securing landscape timbers, marking boundaries, supporting temporary structures, surveying, and anchoring posts.
What are square stakes used for?
Square stakes are used for a variety of purposes, including:
- Securing concrete forms (also called cement stakes)
- Marking property lines:
- Secure landscaping timbers
- Securing string lines
- Securing metal forms with pockets
What size stakes for concrete forms?
The size of stakes for concrete forms depends on the specific requirements of the project. Common sizes are 18 inches and 36 inches, but the appropriate length will vary based on factors such as the height of the concrete form, the depth of the concrete pour, and the type of formwork being used.
How often should you stake concrete forms? (how many stakes do I need)
The frequency of staking concrete forms will depend on the height and length of the formwork, the pressure exerted by the wet concrete, and the stability of the soil or substrate. In general, form stakes should be placed at regular intervals to provide adequate support and prevent shifting or deformation during the concrete pouring process.
Flat vs round vs square stakes for concrete?
When considering the type of stakes to use for concrete forming, to stabilize the form when pouring cement. There are three main options to choose from: flat, round, and square stakes. Each type offers distinct advantages suited to different construction applications.
Flat stakes, with their broad surface area, provide stability and reduced rotation during installation, making them a preferred choice in softer or sandy soil conditions.
Round stakes, with their cylindrical shape, offer excellent stability and resistance to bending, making them versatile and durable for various construction projects, especially in harder or compacted soil.
Square stakes, with even contact on all sides, are ideal for projects requiring precise formwork alignment and 90-degree angles.
The decision between flat, round, or square stakes should be based on the specific project needs, soil conditions, and desired formwork outcomes to ensure optimal performance during the concrete forming process.
We Also Recommend
Galvanized Steel Snap Tie Wedges for Concrete (2 ⅜" x 6 ⅛")
Burlap Concrete Curing Blankets - Curelap - Burlene - 10 ft Width
18" & 36" Round Steel Concrete Form Stakes with Nail Holes
Concrete Turnbuckle Form Aligner with 5" x 3" Bent Plate - Adjustable Wall Brace