6-inch Square Top Landscape Garden Sod Staples Stakes Pins (MOST POPULAR)
- 6" professional length
- Material: 11-gauge steel
- Reduces the chance of the staple bending while being hammered into the ground
- Size: 6 in. x 1 in. x 6 in.
- Square Top
- Better than other staples: Sandbaggy landscape staples are 2x thicker and 2 inches longer than staples sold at hardware stores like Home Depot & Lowes. Thicker and longer staples will not bend as easily during installation and hold down fabric better especially in high wind areas. Staples sold at hardware stores are typically 16 gauge compared with our 11 gauge staples (as the gauge number increases, the steel thickness decreases).
- Countless uses including securing weed barrier fabric, pet containment systems, drip irrigation systems, erosion control matting
- Can be used to pin down plants and hold them in place so they establish roots, grow faster, and don't get washed away when it floods. Works for ground cover vines and plants, grasses, ferns, and small bare root shrubs.
- Effortless application: Made with chisel point tips at the bottom of the staples, which makes installation easier & faster
- Comparable to metal garden stakes from Lowes, Home Depot, and Walmart
- Packaged in individual plastic bags of 100 staples each for ease of handling
- Heavy duty landscape staples sold in bulk
- Commercial grade
- 30-day return policy
- Free, Priority Mail shipping: arrives in 3 business days (< 200 lbs), anywhere in USA
- Shipments over 200 lbs will take 1-2 weeks (pallet shipment)
Commercial grade: These Sandbaggy 6" square top landscape staples are commercial grade landscape staples that will help you get the job done. These landscape staples are designed specifically for holding down landscape fabric, weed barrier fabric, and dog fences. Made with 11-gauge steel and sharp chisel points, these landscape staples will make applying the staples to the ground that much easier.
Other names for Landscape Staples: U-shaped Stakes, Garden Stakes, Sod Staples, Fence Staples, Sod Depot, Landscape Fabric Pins, Landscape Fabric Staples, Landscape Stakes, Steel Stakes, Lawn Staples, Anchor Pins, Sod Pins and Ground Staples
To secure irrigation or PVC pipes, we recommend round top sod staples.
Q: What's the difference between round top and square top sod staples?
A: Square top sod staple have a flat top. Meanwhile, round top sod staples are rounded at the top.
The difference is the uses of each of these sod staples. Our square top sod staples are typically used for securing landscape fabric, weed barrier fabric, dog fences & electric fences, controlling weed, securing synthetic turf, and holding sod.
Meanwhile, our round top sod staples are typically used to hold down irrigation pipes and PVC pipes.
Q: What gauge and size of landscape staples (sod staples) should I buy?
Gauge: The lower the gauge number, the thicker and stronger the metal. With compact soil, use landscape staples with a lower gauge, i.e. 8 gauge, so that the staples don't snap while hammering them into the ground. A higher gauge, i.e. 11 gauge, is great for looser soil and suitable for most applications.
Size: Longer staples work better in looser soils. The added length ensures that the landscape staple will not move after installation. For most soils, 6" x 1" x 6" staples will work. For looser soils, use longer staples, such as 9" x 1" x 9" or 12" x 1" x 12" staples.
Q: Will these staples rust?
A: Yes, with normal use, the staples will definitely rust, as they are not galvanized. However, rust is good because it strengthens the staples' holding power and makes it more difficult to pull out. Also, when steel rusts, it forms a protective coating preventing further rusting.
Rust does not affect the strength of the wire in any way and is purely cosmetic. These staples are usually installed once and never touched again, so rust is not a problem. If you decide to reuse the staples, be sure to use a pair of gloves when pulling up the staples to prevent your hands from getting dirty.
Q: Why not sell a galvanized version of these staples?
A: Galvanized staples are considerably more expensive and unnecessary unless the staples need to be reused and the original appearance of the staple must be preserved. For one-time use applications, such as installing landscape fabric or drip tubing, non-galvanized staples such as these will do the job just as well. Non-galvanized staples can even be reused when rusted; just make sure to wear a pair of gloves when handling them to keep your hands clean.
We do offer one version of galvanized staples: 1-inch width, 6-inch length, round top.
Q: Will these staples fit over a 1/2-inch PVC pipe?
The staples are 1" wide, which should be enough space to fit over the 1/2-inch PVC pipe. As staples are 6" long, 5" of the staple should be in the ground. This is enough to anchor the pipe so long as the soil isn't too loose.
For PVC pipes, we recommend round top staples, as the rounded top fits better over the pipe than the square top of this staple.
Q: I only need a few pins. Why should I buy these over the 25 or 50-packs at local stores?
These pins are a fraction of the cost of those at local stores.
You can pin down vines, grasses, and small roots after planting, so they stay in place until the roots establish.
You don't have to worry about dropping or losing a pin because the cost per pin is so minimal.
How this calculator worksStaples
Far more staples are required in soft soil than hard soil to properly anchor the landscape fabric in place. To be precise, in soft soil, install one staple every 1 foot. In normal soil, install one staple every 3 feet. In hard soil, install one staple every 5 feet.Landscape fabric
The calculator assumes that landscape fabric is being used to cover every square foot of the plot of land. When rolling out landscape fabric, it's ideal to overlap the edges of the landscape fabric about 12%, so that weeds cannot grow in between the edges of the fabric. Landscape fabric should not be stretched straight over a dip in the ground. Rather, the fabric should be touching the ground at all times and should adjust to the contours of the land, such as bumps, dips, and hills. This allows you to walk on the installed landscape fabric without worrying about damaging it.
- Depending on how hard your soil is, separate each sod staple between 1-5 ft. For very soft soil, separate each staple by 1 ft. For very hard soil, separate each staple by 5 ft.
- For very soft soil, we recommend longer sod staples, such as 9-inch sod staples.
- For very hard soil, we recommend thicker sod staples, such as 6" x 2" x 6" 9-gauge staples.
We Also Recommend
6-inch Round Top Landscape Garden Sod Staples Stakes Pins
9-inch Square Top Landscape Staples Bulk - Garden Sod Stakes Pins Wholesale
6" Long x 2" Wide EXTRA WIDE Square Top Landscape Garden Sod Staples Stakes Pins
12-inch 8-gauge Round Top Heavy Duty Landscape Staples - Bulk Wholesale Quantities
Sandbaggy 6" staples
Really easy to use and we used them for 2 years now in our lavender fields and they work great and hold up great!
Excellent service & very good products
I'm very happy with this item. It's strong & especially the price is so good compared with the one I got from Home Depot before. I'm glad that I found the company with excellent service.
Sandbaggy delivered excellent sharp, sturdy staples .. A++
And the price for these can not be beat. Saw the Sandbaggy staples listed on Walmart and went to Sandbaggy's site to check out the company. Decided to order directly and happy that I did. Company is top notch professional.
This item was exactly what I needed! Fast shipping and excellent product! Thank you so much!
Can tell you how grateful I am that they arrive quickly since I never seem to order before I run short. Also, without a doubt, these are robust. More so than some name brand whose landscaping fabric I use these staples to put down. Once I mistakenly ordered a different brand and had black hands from handling them. These have never done that and I have ordered enough boxes of 1000pcs to have lost count. Considering how good the price is, I have no reason to order anything else!