14x26 Empty Woven Polypropylene Sandbags For Flooding With Ties For Sale - Bulk Wholesale Tent & Store Bags
- Size: 14 in. x 26 in.
Weight capacity: 50 lbs
- Extra strong: tested to withstand at least 10 drops from 4 ft high without any noticeable damage
- When filled with 40 lb of sand
- Material: woven polypropylene, with 10x10 weave count
UV protection: 1600 hours
- Built to withstand 100°F direct sunlight for 3-6 months
- A must-have in states like Florida, Arizona, and California
Colors: Available in white, military green, beige, orange
- Comparable to big box stores: Empty woven polypropylene sandbags for sale, comparable to those sold at Home Depot, Uline, Lowes, Walmart, and Amazon
- Erosion and flood control
- Woven polypropylene sand bags for flooding to stop water and keep water out
- Pipeline construction
- Building an earthbag house
- Hold down traffic signs
Includes ties: once the empty sandbag is filled, use the pre-attached tie string to close the top of the bag
- Lasts 3-6 months under strong sunlight with built-in UV protection
- For bags that last 1-2 years under the sun, we recommend 14" x 26" polyethylene, long-lasting sandbags.
- 30-day return policy
- Free shipping: arrives in 4 business days (2,000 empty sandbags or fewer), anywhere in continental USA
- Shipments of 3,000 empty sandbags or more will take 1-2 weeks (pallet shipment)
1. Protect your property from hurricane flooding
When filled with sand, woven polypropylene sandbags stop flooding and water.
Polypropylene sand bags are an inexpensive solution to avoid damage to your property when there is a flood.
With polypropylene sandbags around your house, your house will be saved from flooding.
Since their invention, polypropylene sand bags have saved tens of thousands of homes from being flooded.
Tens of thousands of Sandbaggy empty sandbags for flood control were used to protect homeowners from flooding during Hurricane Florence in 2018.
2. Made of 100% polypropylene
Our rugged Sandbaggy empty sandbags are made with thickly woven polypropylene allowing for heavy-duty applications like sandbagging, landscaping, construction, and building flood barriers.
The weave count is 10x10. Comparable to military sandbags.
3. Similar to sandbags used by the military, with UV protection
Our tough, empty, coarsely-woven polypropylene sandbags can be used for so many different applications.
Made with 1600 hours of UV protection, these polypropylene sand bags can sit under the sun for six months before they begin to degrade.
Other names for Sandbags: Poly Bags, Sandbag, Sandbagging, Empty Sandbags, Sand bags, Military Sandbags, Polypropylene Bags, Sand bag
How much are sandbags?
This size of sandbags (14" x 26") costs $39 for 100 sandbags and is available in quantities ranging from 5 to 100,000 sandbags.
How do I sandbag my house?
Sandbags Filling Tips
- Fill sandbags 1/2 to 2/3 full and tie the bag at the top with the included ties
- Lay flat when in place
- This sandbag should weigh between 35-40 lbs.
- An overfilled sandbag weighs between 60-75 lbs and will leave gaps which will allow water to seep through.
- Always wear gloves during the filling operation to avoid hand injuries and protect yourself from contaminants in sand and floodwater.
- Safety goggles should be used on dry and windy days.
- Filling sandbags is physically demanding work and can easily cause back and other injuries if not careful.
- Always lift with your legs and not your back.
- Do not reach out, bend over, or twist when lifting.
- Do not throw sandbags - it stresses the back and shoulders.
- Instead, use a brigade line to pass bags
- Use a short handled, #2 rounded point shovel with straight shaft and D grip, bagger scoop or funnel to fill sandbags.
- Remove any debris from the areas where the sandbags will be placed.
- After placing the sandbag, walk on the sandbags to create a tight seal between each bag.
- Sandbaggy polypropylene sandbags are built to hold either gravel or sand.
- Be aware of poor quality sandbags that rupture when filled with sharp gravel rocks.
- Gravel should be filled in sandbag when used as an erosion control device (on slopes).
- Sand should be filled for flood control needs, whether to protect doors or garage or to divert water.
- If sand or gravel is not accessible, less effective solutions is to fill the sandbags with backyard soil.
Do sandbags absorb water?
- The sand inside the bag can absorb a small amount of water, but the purpose of sandbags is to protect buildings from flooding by diverting flood water around them, rather than by absorbing the water.
- Along with sandbags, it is best to use plastic tarp sheets as well when building sandbag walls to create a better water-tight seal.
Can bullets penetrate sandbags?
- No, because the sand inside the bag cannot move out of the way fast enough to allow the bullet to penetrate through it.
- The bag keeps the sand trapped inside of it and prevents the energy of the moving bullet from causing the sand to fly everywhere.
- Instead, the force of the bullet is turned into heat, so the sand inside the bag will feel warm to the touch after a bullet is fired into it.
How long do sandbags last?
Because of their built-in UV protection, these woven polypropylene sandbags can sit outside for 3-6 months.
How do sandbags work?
- Polypropylene sand bags are effective at stopping water because of the sand contained within the bag.
- The plastic in the bag itself, specifically polypropylene, is water permeable.
- This makes the polypropylene sand bags more versatile because putting gravel (rather than sand) in the bags allows them to stop sediment while allowing water to flow through.
- This is perfect for preventing trash or other sediment from entering storm drains, for instance.
- Our customers have found that the water permeability of the plastic allows water that gets in the sand to be released from the bag, so the sand doesn't stay soggy.
Pictured: filled polypropylene sandbags (closed off with included tiestring) as part of sandbags wall to protect against heavy flooding
What are the dimensions of the sandbags when filled with 50 lbs of sand?
- The exact dimensions may vary.
- Our customers have found that the dimensions are roughly 17" long, 12" wide, and 5" deep.
- After filling, be sure to seal the bags shut with the included ties.
I enjoy camping and being outdoors. Can I use these to hold things down so they don't fly away, even in strong winds?
- For a canopy, tying four filled sandbags to each leg will surely keep the canopy in place.
- Filled sand bags (closed off with included ties) can also be used to hold chairs and umbrellas in place outdoors.
Here are some of the purposes for the different color of sandbags.
- Military-green sandbags = used to match the environment’s color
- Beige color sandbags = used to match the soil’s color
- Orange color sandbags = used when the sandbag needs to stand out (such as in safety situations)
- White color sandbags = used in all kinds of situations
What size sandbag should I buy?
18" x 30"
25" x 40"
31" x 45"
|UV Protection||3-6 months||3-6 months||None||None|
|Weight capacity||50 lbs||50 lbs||50 lbs||100 lbs|
|What to put in it||
military fortification (green color)
- Made from woven polypropylene allowing a 50 lb weight limit
- Built for heavy-duty applications such as erosion and flood control
- Includes tie string for effortless closing of sandbag
- With 1600 UV hrs of protection, sandbag lasts 3-6 months under direct sunlight
We Also Recommend
6-inch Square Top Landscape Sod Staples Fabric Stakes (MOST POPULAR)
24x40 Burlap Sack Wholesale Bulk, Sack Race Bags, Burlap Bags, Potato Sacks For Sale
12-inch 8-gauge Round Top Heavy Duty Landscape Staples - Bulk Wholesale Quantities
We have bought these bags multiple times. Have been happy everytime
Best price anywhere on these sandbags
Good quality and no defective or un-sewn seams in any of the sandbags
Amazing Customer service
The people on customer service are always on top of their game always attentive to emails and phone calls
Outstanding in their field
We go through a lot of sandbags. A LOT of sandbags. Sandbaggy has been out go-to source for some time, and both the quality of their bags and their customer service are pretty hard to beat. (Not to mention their prices.) Couldn't be more satisfied. Keep it up, guys!
Thanks for having what I requested. Hurrcain season is approaching,